Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default lug size

On Fire
    you may already be aware of this but on chevy trucks w/8 lug 1970 and earlier had 1/2 inch lug bolts .... while 71 and up have 9/16..... yours having the front disks which were also only supposed to have started in 71 ...... may already have the 9/16 lugs.....
    this makes a difference in wheel selection.... lots of wheels available for the 9/16 lug for chev, ford, dodge, int....... but very few for the 1/2........ know they made special conversion lug nuts for adapting later wheels... but for my money would just change over to the 9/16 if you have the skinnier....
    Last edited by H80N; 08-08-2010 at 05:58 PM.

lately, i been installing whistler tips for all the kids in the neighborhood, i got the idea from this news story,, they go WHOO WHOO

Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

Looks like some fine, upstanding citizens in that video. Perhaps a potato up the exhaust would quiet the whistle?
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Had me confused.... what does that have to do with "Project Cars" ?????
    and yep like the heck out of the potato idea..

Here is some pics of mine. Its a 94 mustang that I've fully gutted and removed all weight from it that I can and has fiberglass hood and front bumper. Has full team z front suspension (not installed yet) and going with all team z for the rear aswell. Has strange struts up front and strange coilover in the rear. Picking up the 8.8 housing thursday from the chassis shop had it narrowed and braced and 9' housing ends put on. Plan is to swap a Ls1 into the car and run 10.0 index next yr then in a yr or two try and move up to 8.50 index or run some 275 drag radial.

BB94Mustang
    very cool!! keep the pics coming as the project progresses....

some work on my SS. My small friend is helping me out with the heater box.

Hoping to run 9.80's NA on a stock bottom end 346 ls1, 6 speed manual. Previous best was 10.9, with 439 rwhp, the new setup should make a little over 500 rwhp, and as you can see, we are losing some weight. And bending up a new 10 point cage.

100_0485.jpg 100_0491.jpg 100_0488.jpg 100_0465.jpg
    Last edited by Badd00SS; 08-15-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

@ BB94 Mustang, nice little project you have going there. Should run some good times once you get all the suspension dialed in, and the right combo going.

@ Badd00SS Nice looking project you have going as well. I've seen some more pictures of your car, and its pretty sweet.

The wheel studs on my truck are 9/16-18 on the front hubs at least. I do believe all the equipment is original (as the brake booster is the correct style...with the right brass proportioning block that is 10 times too big...)

It is possible that someone did the 73-87 spindle swap on this truck...though, doubtful, because it would likely have been converted to 5 or 6 lug. I am going to hit up a truck salvage yard, pick up, and see if I can use a newer 2002+ C20 spindle, with or without some modification. It would be a nice brake upgrade, as well as fitting a larger, more popular rotor, newer wheel bearings, and they make lift spindles, that I can actually find.

The motor I built will be heading off to dynoland on monday, I will be getting a dyno sheet in the email. The mark I am looking for is 500hp, and 500ft lbs. If I get that, I will be very happy.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Quote Originally Posted by BB94Mustang View Post
    Here is some pics of mine. Its a 94 mustang that I've fully gutted and removed all weight from it that I can and has fiberglass hood and front bumper. Has full team z front suspension (not installed yet) and going with all team z for the rear aswell. Has strange struts up front and strange coilover in the rear. Picking up the 8.8 housing thursday from the chassis shop had it narrowed and braced and 9' housing ends put on. Plan is to swap a Ls1 into the car and run 10.0 index next yr then in a yr or two try and move up to 8.50 index or run some 275 drag radial.

Got all of the rear suspension order up. Got in on a group sale with trz motorsports and having them bring me up a set of their double adjustable upper and lower controll arms, spherica bushings, anti roll bar, coil over mounts, afco big gun double adjustable shocks.