Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drill Bit Stand

Hi Curly,
    Glad you like it.
    My approach is not the only way and in fact I was thinking for constructing it with ali tubes just like my tool tidy. That way there was no drilling.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

i was actually thinking of making something like that out of mahogony and teak

Hi Tim,
    Timber would be a whole lot easier that is for sure.
    I had a fire in my workshop in 07 and since then I only allow metal in there.
    It is not easy but I am getting there with the no wood and plastic policy.
    The only other problem I see with timber is it may retain moisture and help to rust the bits.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

true but i think teak has a natural oil to it so i think rust would be very minimal and my bits don't last that long anyway and my drill doctor is useless it ruins my bits before it sharpens them so i'm buying new ones all the time

Hi Tim,
    They use Teak on boats so I guess it may be even better.
    Sorry to hear about your drill doctor not functioning correctly.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Nice job on that stand ..
    Jim

Hi Jim,
    Thanks mate.
    It did turn out well.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Nice little project, I've been inspired!
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

Hi JRS,
    I know this project is like what high school students do in metal shop but for us that never did metal work at school they are fun and sort out the mess in our workshops.
    I am very pleased I have inspired and helped.
    I know a lot of members on this forum do huge complicated projects every day and to some a drill bit stand is trivial but to others this could be the push they need.

Thanks for the kind words.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Quote Originally Posted by Jigantor View Post
    Hi Curly,
    Glad you like it.
    My approach is not the only way and in fact I was thinking for constructing it with ali tubes just like my tool tidy. That way there was no drilling.

Ji
    I understand the problem. I've picked up drill sets, both incomplete and complete at garage sales. As time goes by the complete sets become incomplete and the incomplete sets become even more incomplete. I've often gone through many drill indexes, looking for the right drill. I often didn't get it put back where I found it.

A few months ago I found a metal box that cried "Drills" to me. I bought it for about $2.00 and made a few dividers. So far this has worked very well for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images