Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

James, The difference in input power for a Sync 200 and a Dyn 200dx is 3.4A at the closest comparable info from Miller. Also known as 9% higher draw - but with an arc voltage nearly double that of the dyn (so almost twice the heat for 9% higher current draw - that makes me think the SYNC is more efficient).

Now tell me where this huge savings in electrical requirements is? Sure, one could be run with 10ga and the other needs 8.

The sync has a higher duty cycle for the same output, and thus isn't sitting there idle nearly as much: I suppose that saves you on your electric bill. Is that what you keep boasting with the dynasty lust?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Default It's just my patience?

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    with your O/A background you should pick it up fairly fast.
    for me i learned more from out of position, so try a little fairly soon. i built a cart for my welder out of aluminum. its much easy-er to see what the puddle is doing. it will give you a better idea of how the hole thing is working.............or it could really tick ya off. so don't get stressed over it, you will find your grove and be a great TIG'er. just don't rush it. good luck, keep us posted.
    I've done a little with our portable 150 (of course I sucked) and sought help here a while back and too much work has kept me from getting serious. One of the problems or rather one of my problems is that; I have to learn to chill out a bit. I do most of the heavy work and dig right in with the other processes and it's just faster and more simple for me. So I think you're right about not getting stressed and just be patient and it will come around.

Thanks for the help/support guys..

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

the syncro calls for a 60amp service the dyn calls for 30A. for a home that 60amps could well equate out to a needed service upgrade. as for the day to day bill, you would likely not see a difference worth mentioning at a hobby use level of weekend use.
    i was referring to 30amps being essayer to come by.when i said lower draw is an advantage.I'm so very sorry if i have offended you and your transformers, but mostly just sorry i replied to you aggressive statement.( Blanket statements like "if you have the money, get ______" are asinine.) should have expected a pore attitude in return to any response. after all i did say it was IMO not miller spec's. you have yours i have mine and now we all have both.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Look at the miller specs for current draw. Don't look at what it says for a breaker. The breaker has to do with the dynamics of breakers and current spikes dealt with in transformers.

You're not offending me and my transformers. I really don't care what you prefer. If I did AL for more than just the occasional job here and there I would have an inverter along side my sync.

What gets me is the blatant disregard for the real core differences between the two. Saying one is better than the other based on what it takes to plug it in is stupid.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at