Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SundownIII,

Thats just what I was thinking, if my 180 is strained with some projects the dyn 200 is not much bigger.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Lightbulb

from what i have heard the Dyn300 has a much stronger arc, or stiffer depending on how you want to describe it. but the 300 will do more with 200amps than the 200 will even within the 200's duty cycle. said to be a night and day difference between the 2 arc's. i suspect thats why he runs his Dyn300 at 200 amps with good results but would fall short with the Dyn200.
    grab a used syncro 250 use it to make the $ ya need to get the Dyn350. then sell the syncro250 for $100.oo more than ya got it for.
    all is good.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Thanks SundownIII,
    I saw a guy's truck rack on a friend's truck, he said he uses a Dyn200 but with a special tri-mix gas to get good penetration. He said it was his friend's secret, 'cause it was so much trial and error for him to find the right combination...Oh well, I'll just play with what I have
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Bert,

Don't want you to think that I'm putting the Dynasty 200 down in any aspect. In fact, I recently encouraged a friend of mine to seriously consider the Dynasty 200 over the Sync 250. The machine has so much going for it.

For the average guy, who's not doing production work, the Dynasty is probably a better all around machine. I know you mentioned that you wanted to get more into aluminum fabrication but didn't think we were talking about 4-5 hrs of arc time each day. I don't do that type of work myself. I've often thought about the advantages of being able to put a Dynasty, cooler, and small bottle in a cart and go anywhere in the yard versus firing up the forklift and moving the Sync.(with accessories).

I suspect Miller has something in the wind to fill the void between the Dynasty 200 and Dynasty 350. Guess I'll just have to let it play out and see where the price point is and whether I can justify it. I will say, that if the right deal came along on a good used Dynasty 300, I'd be hard pressed to take a pass.

Cool

I have a dynasty 200 and been doing marine work for a few months now. My last big project were a pair of davits using 1.5" brushed finish alum. the machine worked great but I had a couple of shut downs due to high amp high freq settings I also got to weld 1/4" reinforcements plates to the 1.5" pipes.

The dyn 200 costs with s/h to Puerto Rico whith the contractor kit were around the $4k. The dyn 350 would go up to $10K and that was too much for my pocket. I hope in 2008 Miller will come up with something in the in between.

In Puerto Rico we are a hub of marine activity with lots of cruisers coming and going from the states and going to the VI,s".

El Guache (what's that mean?), thanks for your post, and what gas did you use when you did the 1/4" plates to pipe?
    SundownIII, I know you weren't diss'n the Dyn 200...nobody is that dumb It's what I tell everyone, you get what you pay for! I WISH I could afford the Dyn 350, that way I could weld whatever I want without worrying about duty cycles....I'll just play with differrent things and see how it works out. And yes, will always keep my eye and ears open for a used Sync 250
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time