Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Air Tool Hanger

Hi M K,
    I don't use my Snap On 1/2" impact driver every day so it sits in a different roll cab, but here it is supported by the new hanger. I am not sure if it could hold 3 1" air guns, I guess someone will have to test it out.

Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

Quote Originally Posted by Jigantor View Post
    Hi Smooth,
    Yes I was about to post the whole thing but got dragged away.
    Here we go.

Ji
    My hanger will be fixed under a metal shelf so I need a beam.
    I purchased a 25 x 25 x 3mm or 1" x 1" x 1/8" aluminium square tube. I also purchased some female Nitto air tool couplers and some 1/2" UNF 20 1 1/4" bolts.
    These are the main parts that were required.

Hi Joe,
    I think we are talking about two different things mate, my hanger only has 12 connectors which comes to $48.00. You must be talking about Smooth 72's air tool hanger. Yes he has a lot of air tools. I would say if you can afford that many air tools a few hundred bucks for a hanger is bird seed.

Ji
    I get my connectors from Harbor Freight on sale for about $2.50 a set. My collection of tools are from many years and allot of them are Harbor Freight purchased on sale. Also a tip, any time your wife ask you to do a project, tell her you have to but a tool to do it

Hi Smooth 72,
    Yep and I bet you need every one of them.
    Your wife is lucky she has a man that has the right tool for the job.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Quote Originally Posted by smooth72 View Post
    My version. I only add a mount when I add new air tools that way I know if something is missing.
    HOLY AIR TOOLS BAT MAN!! Thats alot of flippen air tools. Do you actualy use all of them? BTW cool idea.

Hi Smooth,
    Yes I was about to post the whole thing but got dragged away.
    Here we go.

Ji
    My hanger will be fixed under a metal shelf so I need a beam.
    I purchased a 25 x 25 x 3mm or 1" x 1" x 1/8" aluminium square tube. I also purchased some female Nitto air tool couplers and some 1/2" UNF 20 1 1/4" bolts.
    These are the main parts that were required.

Quote Originally Posted by Stomper View Post
    HOLY AIR TOOLS BAT MAN!! Thats alot of flippen air tools. Do you actualy use all of them? BTW cool idea.
    I do allot of projects,from decorative iron, building on the house, fiberglass creations, to working on my 72 vette. If you notice not one of the them are shiny and unused. Fiberglass takes allot of shaping tools and if your not a great welder, welding takes allot of grinder tools

Also like to polish things.

Hi Smooth,
    Very nice work mate.
    You must be rich, looking at your home and all your toys.
    Well done
    Keep up the good work

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Not rich, just pay on it. Compared to others, Oklahoma you get allot more house for the money and since we allot of the work/labor ourself you save from 1/2 to 2/3 the cost. I see the cost per sq. ft. on houses on the DIY shows in other states and the cost is usally double or 3 times.