Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Air Tool Hanger

Quote Originally Posted by Jigantor View Post
    I picked up a set of 5 connectors for $20.00.

Ji
    wow, that looks like at least $120 just in connectors, i could buy a whole set of cheap disposable chinese air tools for that money.
    Millermatic 211
    Everlast 200DX TIG
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100
    Century Stick welder
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter
    Oxy set-up with Henrob 2000 torch
    Logan 200 lathe (60 years old)
    Jet band saw

A set of 5 connectors for $20.00 that makes each connector $4.00 each.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Jigantor,

That is a very slick idea you have. After giving it some thought I am determined to do this at home in the shop, and also at work. Most of the air tools at work look like they have been through a war. They are left on the welding table while welding, they are tossed on and slid across the table creating dings and abrasions. One of the great benefits I see in your idea is that if they are connected to the coupler (Nitto) when a person is done using the tool, it will seal the air inlet from all the metal dust and other stuff from grinding. We have had a couple air tools sent in for repair because this metal dust had gotten inside and really affected the tools operation.

A set of 5 connectors for $20.00 that makes each connector $4.00 each.

Ji
    yeah, and i counted at least 30 connectors on his rack, @ $4 each, that is at least $120 total.
    Millermatic 211
    Everlast 200DX TIG
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100
    Century Stick welder
    Jet band saw

I picked up 20 connectors for a buck a piece at harbor frieght when I was in the states. There decent looking machined brass connectors. I bought male threaded end ones so I can just drill and tap the bar and thread them in. Thanks for the inspiration jigantor.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

Hi Pat,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    My air tools were getting a bit like what yours at work are. As soon as my hanger was ready I serviced mine and cleaned them up so they look a lot better now as well. After use I now put a few drops of oil into the tool before it goes back on the hanger.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Hi Joe,
    I think we are talking about two different things mate, my hanger only has 12 connectors which comes to $48.00. You must be talking about Smooth 72's air tool hanger. Yes he has a lot of air tools. I would say if you can afford that many air tools a few hundred bucks for a hanger is bird seed.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Hi Jrscgsr,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    If you have time I am positive you could get the connectors cheaper than me. Well done mate that makes it affordable for everyone at that price.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Hi Joe,
    I think we are talking about two different things mate, my hanger only has 12 connectors which comes to $48.00. You must be talking about Smooth 72's air tool hanger. Yes he has a lot of air tools. I would say if you can afford that many air tools a few hundred bucks for a hanger is bird seed.

Ji
    yes sir, my mistake. that's what i get for posting on this forum while drinking...

drinking_donuts.jpg
    Millermatic 211
    Everlast 200DX TIG
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100
    Century Stick welder
    Jet band saw

looks good but i wonder how that would work with my 3 1inch air guns