Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi Lens,
    I use cheap Chinese clamps that are about $10.00 for 4.
    The key here is how much would you pay for a torch holder $20 to $50. How much is the miller torch holder ?
    The one I made cost $5.00 for the clamp and say $1.00 for the 6mm or 1/4" round bar. All up $6.00 plus 30 minutes of my time. It would take that long to drive to the welding accessory shop so lets just say it cost $6.00, pretty cheap and a cool little project.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

While I did build a TIG torch holder some time ago, and I've used it quite a bit, I've drilled a handful of 1/2" holes in my bench top to accommodate my version of a bench dog. While the dog is very handy, the holes are sometimes just the ticket to hold the TIG torch. I just turn the torch upside down and put the cap in the closest hole.

Default Link to other TIG Torch Holders

Here is a link to some other TIG torch holders.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...t=torch+holder

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiepap View Post
    Hey Ji,
    Your approach is good for moving your torch positions & not having to be concerned with either a steel or aluminum weld surface. Mine is steel & I like simple.... I just welded a 1" steel tube to the weld table. I also made a small support rack under my shelving area next to the TIG table to keep my rod sorted, clean, & handy.

Denny
    Square tube makes an excellent torch holder,You said you like simple ,I think I found something more simple than the tube I drilled a hole in my bench and Voila!Instant torch holder Mike

Yep there are plenty of ways to skin that cat.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Default here's mine

Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Miller sell a magnetic base holder and a bolt on holder for their workstation.
    Both are pretty cheap.
    I don't think the distributer here in Australia imports them.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

My two cents.

DSC_0006.jpg

Hi John,
    Thanks for posting.
    Here is another design that works great.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

boy i coulda used a torch holder at work the other day. Hung it up after welding for prolly 10 minutes straight. Stood up and branded myself with a perfect imprint of a no 5 cup embedded on the back of my neck.