Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default TIG Torch Holder

This is how I made a holder, it is not the only way and it is most likely not the best way. I started this thread to help or motivate others.
    If you are an expert you will find this stuff very boring.

Today I was sick of taking so much time to safely place my TIG torch onto the bench I decided to make a torch holder.
    I used some 6mm or 1/4" mild steel round bar and a 75mm or 3" G clamp.
    I started out by bending the bar into shape and cutting to a rough length.

Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

Next I ground the round in the areas to be welded.
    I also ground all the paint off the clamp in the welding areas.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Clamping round bar to a flat member is difficult but can be done. Sometimes you have to get creative.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

With everything lined up welding is next.
    This only has to hold up the torch so I did not get to fussy about length of weld.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

I placed at a slight angle down wards a 180 deg bend and welded it into place.
    I then cut off all the oversized bits and sanded all ends round and smooth.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Time to test the holder.
    Yep she works, well good enough.

The design of your holder all depends on your bench.
    My welding bench has a steel rectangular section running 25mm or 1" back past the Ali top.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Default Tig torch holder

Heres mine, simple and handy.

Very nice

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it