Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Homemade Patio Table

Decided to build myself a patio table. the top is from 2inch angle, the legs are 1 1/2 square, and the cros braces are from a old set of bunkbeds, because i did not want to stop and go get steel. same goes for the little piece of 2 inch pipe i used going through the leg braces, its a old piece of car exhaust. the shape is a decagon (10 sides). figured a square was too easy. With the frame done i went on to do the top, to help me fill the 2 inch angle, i used 1/2 inch plywood, 1/2 inch cement board (about 2 days after i cut i found out they make a lighter product, hardy wonderboard backerboard, would have saved me about 30lbs). then finally the terra cotta tile which is around 1/2. of course there is mortor in there. used a dark brown grout, and a leather brown paint for the frame. the finished peoduct weighs around 200 lbs :eek:. i figured if it gets stolen weighing that much, they had to work hard for it, so they can have it. overall it was a fun project. i got to learn alot with it.
    1. im not too good at math, but thats ok, my father in law is.
    2. just because im a fire fighter does NOT mean im fire proof. was wearing my "lucky" jeans, with holes in the knees and they flamed for a minute.
    3. wearing ear plugs while welding is a good idea, welding off angle, got a spark in my ear.
    4. No plan survives first spark.

Hope you enjoy the pictures, sorry they are out of order. :)
    Flash me, Im a Welder

Flash me, Im a Welder

Flash me, Im a Welder

Flash me, Im a Welder

that should be all of them
    Flash me, Im a Welder

it looks great man, and i just have one rookie question. How did you figure out the degree of cut to make it round? thats the only thing that messes me up when building anything, is figuring out the angle that i need to cut.

60degrees X 6sides = 360 circle
    Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

Quote Originally Posted by stugots View Post
    60degrees X 6sides = 360 circle
    Might wanna count again.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

4 sides, 6 sides, 10 sides, 190 sides............ makes no difference..... divide the sides into 360, and you get the required angle set.....
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com