Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Decorative Room Divider

Also on the Hobart Projects Forum:

I did this job about 6 years ago, when all I had was a borrowed MM130 and .035 FCAW. But I finally got a digital picture of it in my E-mail from visiting the customer recently, and thought you guys might like to see it.

The arches are 3/4" square tubing, bent around a plywood circle that I made for the purpose. Then, 3/4 x 1/8" flat bar ties it all together and makes the frames for the two different sizes of castings. The aluminum castings were trimmed to shape when needed by a 4-1/2" grinder with 1/8" wheel.

The base of each leg has two bolts into concrete anchors and the high side is also screwed to a wall stud. The seam when the legs of the arches meet is also covered with 3/4" flat.

Finish was Rust-Oleum primer followed by Rust-Oleum Metallic Gold, all by rattlecan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Mac, some forget that much can be done with a small fcaw feeder and some time. Here is a picture of my first project, one side used to hold a portabote, hence the divided top. It was done with my first real welder, a HH135 using .030 -gs wire, & 16ga tubing mostly. I really didn't have much of an idea of what I was doing but with the help of some the original Hobart board members it got done. Its still on the truck and doing fine so far. BTY, are those real plastic covers on those side chairs behind the screens? Too cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Hey mac looks outstanding keep up the graet posts thanks
    garthswelding@aol.com trail blazer 301g with all the fixins:delta band saw dewalt chop saw craftsman drill press, sp-135 mm251 spectrum 375 suite case mig, tig w/hi freq. one welding truck.