Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default More shooters' bench/field rests.....

Hey guys,
    Since SmokinPRanch posted his field shooters' rest, I have a few easy builds that work well & a bit more compact.

There are (3)types: Bench rest for sand bags, fully adjustable for elevation & leg adjustment. Chair rest(BYOC) for those needing a bit of comfort, telescoping aluminum tubing. Combination bench/field rest w/belt clip, light & handy, (2) heights for sitting or prone, fully adjustable for height, removable bench plate for field use.

Hope some of you may get a few ideas or modification to suit you.....

Denny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
    * Mobile unit *
    * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
    * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
    * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
    * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Those look good Yorkie. Be good for moving around in the field.

Al
    Miller Dialarc 250 HF
    Lincoln Classic 300D
    AutoCAD 2010...Paper Is Cheaper Than Metal
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Milwaukee & Hilti Power Tools
    John Deere Equipment
    Paints and Quarterhorses
    Billy Cook Roping Saddle
    Billy Cook Reining Saddle
    Our YouTube Channel

I like those! A lot less bulky than my heavy bench rest stuff. The good thing is you don't have to be afraid to take them out in the field with you (although I can't get around well enough to go traipsing through the fields anymore)

What really caught my eye though is your model. Can you share her stats with us? What make is she? Model? Caliber? Optics? Irons?
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Hey Blondie,
    That rifle is my Czech Brno 22LR w/Bushnell 3-9X. I bought it back in '72. It is an absolute tackdriver w/CCI MiniMag HP...... many a groundhog went to the large prairie in the heavens from it. Last year I purchased the new Brno 452 American in 17HM2(22Stinger necked down to .17) that is devastating out to 200yds. I have collected the Brno rifles from the '60's as they are my favorites & unmatched accuracy.

Denny
    * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
    * Mobile unit *
    * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
    * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
    * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
    * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Denny,

I've had my eye on a CZ 453 American but haven't had the $$$ to do anything about it though. I shoot in the CMP rimfire sporter program. I got razzed at first for shooting a .22 in matches till they tried it. It is much harder than shooting the larger calibers. I have a Canadian rifle, Lakefield model 92 (single shot) which is a real tack driver. I've shot 197's out of 200 several times at 100 yards with it using the cheap Federal 510's you used to be able to get for under 15.00 a brick at Wally World.

I used to shoot heavy bench with a 6mm PPC round and it was nothing to shoot 250/25x with it. But also had 15 grand invested in it too, but the first year I shot it cleared 38 profit.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate