Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finished my pit

Agri. now thats a bad *** smoker setup...I'll be building a smoker/pig roaster this winter with a rotiserrie setup inside. What kind of barrel/Tube did you use? i was thinking of using a 300 gal fuel tank for the base of my roaster. Nice setup you have there. Bet it cooks/smokes up great .
    WELDONE lol Jim uhohjim1@aol.com
    Welding in Crete
    Syncrowave 350 LX
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
    Miller Gold Seal 155
    Miller Elite welding helmet
    JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
    Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Some really cool hammers BIG and small

hey Richard, any chance you can get a 4th ?? i cant get a dime for my place, but shore would like some BBQ. :P
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

James,

I don't know, I might be able to get a 4th mortgage if the Bankers in a good mood. hey I know, I'll bring him some donuts and go mid morning., that may do it.

...... Richard

mmmmmmmmmm donuts
    cool i'll see ya at the BBQ then.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

WOW that is SO freaking cool. I love that thing. How about posting the designs?

Hey AGRI04, can you show some inside the fire box and pit pictures?....... as I reach for a pen and paper..........

Default pit smoker

hi agr104
    Nice looking cooker and matching trailer to boot and yes, I think I can smell the ribs here in Michigan I like mine nice and extra thick sauce please with a big cold one to wash it done with(bud-lite) or what is offered by the host(lol) I might be able to throw some cash for gas (if I rob my kids bank)

Yes some other pics of the fire box and smoke box as well just to get an idea of how other guys do ther stuff. keep on welding the good stuff

i built it from my head but if you need any info let me know, i will post some more pictures when i get home from work

Looks excellent,
    what type of drum/barrel did you use?

It was 24" pipe that was 3/8" wall. pretty heavy stuff. i had fun grinding on all of the seams.