Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a tutorial on my website which lays out the math for building the right sized reels for the amount and size of cable you want them to hold. There are also pictures on the website of my reels and reel tree mounted on my rig.

http://www.coalsmoke.com/Coalsmokes/...3A_part_1.html

Default homemade reel

I am in the process of building a set as we speak. Any luck and they will be finished this weekend. I built mine from some old trailer hubs I had laying around. I will try and post Picts when finished
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JOE WAYNE; 08-08-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Default Anyone make ther own welding lead reel?

I have a quick question men. When installing the lead to the reel, are any of y'all putting dielectric grease between the copper terminal and the reel. Or is it just metal on metal?

No need for a reply. I now have them painted and finished. I just finished wiring them in. Hope this helps.

Add Content
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welding Leads.jpgNew to the forum but I am currently working on my lead reels so I thought I would post a picture of what I have done. I still need to machine handles and paint it.
    Last edited by mattwn; 08-27-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Those are slick. I am sure you'll enjoy them. I like the weld fittings. If there is ever a 2nd build of mine, I may have borrow some of your design