Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default My AIRCO Heliwelder V

Anyone have one of these? I sure do love this welder. It has been reliable as heck for me. I bought it in 1990 or so and it was two years old for $900.00 including foot pedal, thumb control, TIG torch and a new spare, Stainless cooler, BIG argon tank, 25' ARC cables. It has to be worth at least that much still. My wife and dad thought I was crazy back when I bought it for that much money.

I believe these were made by Miller or Lincoln back then, I don't remember which.

Last edited by BaRtMaN; 06-23-2010 at 07:02 PM.

I had a chance to buy one of those a year ago for 750.00, I could have probably talked them down to 500.00 or so but opted to buy a blue machine instead.

With the economy the way it is, it is a buyer's market. Unfortunate if you're the seller but so many businesses going belly up many people are forced to sell things they have had no intention of selling. I see motorhomes and powerboats out the kazoo all for sale and sitting in front of nice homes. I hope something happens soon!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

I am not selling it, just wondered if anyone else used one.

If you bought it in 1990 that would make it you've had it for 20 years and at 900.00 purchase price that would come out to a 45.00 per year investment. I'd say you've done quite well on the deal!

Pardon my misunderstanding, I've been working a lot of hours in a hot shop lately and thought you were trying to get a feel for what it's worth to sell. Personally if it's working and paid for I say keep it till it can't be repaired anymore. I have no intentions of selling any of my tools or equipment, it's far too hard to come by.

Anyway I wish you all the luck in the world with your machine and hope you get another 20+ years out of it.

Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

It was made by ESAB
    Glenn 300 amp stick
    Millermatic 35
    L-tec plasma

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    It was made by ESAB
    Thank you Sir, for the info!

Thumbs up

i've had mine about 15 years now, $400.00 & worth every penny......i love it

Nice! Exactly like mine, I have the manual for it, if you eve need me to look something up for you I can. I only have the paper version and not the on-line version though. Glad to see another old work horse still cruisin a long.

If I had known it was made by Esab at the time I'd have most likely bought it. I took all the numbers to my welding supply house and they couldn't find anything on it so I figured I couldn't get parts for it if needed and passed on it but I did get a good blue machine out of the deal.

Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Default do you still have your manual bartman?

Quote Originally Posted by BaRtMaN View Post
    Nice! Exactly like mine, I have the manual for it, if you eve need me to look something up for you I can. I only have the paper version and not the on-line version though. Glad to see another old work horse still cruisin a long.
    Help I have same machine as yours. It has been working well for over 10 years until recently. I have no paperwork on mine as I bought it used. Hope you can help so I can get it working again.