Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking at the graphic at the top of the Steel Valley Supernats page I see our "Rat Fink" of yesterday has been replaced by some alien looking creature!!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_486 View Post
    Looking at the graphic at the top of the Steel Valley Supernats page I see our "Rat Fink" of yesterday has been replaced by some alien looking creature!!
    Yes it does. Kinda makes you feel good when you see 300 cars sitting in a lot and you can pick out all the parts you made and welding you did on some of the cars over the last 30 years. Just finished up a driveshaft for a '65 Ford F-100 with a 429 and dual turbos. I saw the kid cruising town about an hour after it left my shop...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Just some stuff i've done recently. I am now known as the "dude to call" for welding jazz that needs to be done at the shop where my dad works!
    The pull up bar is for my brother, shelves are for my other brother's tool room where he works, and the cart is for my Red box!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a lot of "welding" in these, but they are cool and made of metal!

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Yes it does. Kinda makes you feel good when you see 300 cars sitting in a lot and you can pick out all the parts you made and welding you did on some of the cars over the last 30 years. Just finished up a driveshaft for a '65 Ford F-100 with a 429 and dual turbos. I saw the kid cruising town about an hour after it left my shop...Bob
    Yeah there is a kind of feeling seeing something you built or built parts for rolling down the road, dragstrip or at the local cruise in. Speaking of cruise in's do they still have them anymore. I remember the Apples/Arby's parking lot in North Canton had a weekly cruise in, and we used to have one at the old drive in burger joint in Ravenna till 05. Seems like "bike night" is the "in" thing now and I do enjoy those as well but never have any time to go anymore nor a riding partner.

Anyway keep up with the drive shafts there aren't many guys who do them anymore. If I had the equipment I'd do them but no way to balance them. By the way how's retirement treating you??

Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Put this tongue on the rear half of a Moxy 25 ton dump truck for a friend of mine. Took a couple of days messing with it.
    Maxstar 300dX-first 2500 takes it
    MM350p+reach+python=moneymaker
    hypertherm 1250
    ellis 1800 saw
    unihydro 42 ton punch
    Wish list
    xmt 350+s74 feeder
    dynasty 350
    ellis drill press
    ellis belt grinder

Here's a small propane griddle I made for camping.
    http://nanosleep.dyndns.org/griddle

Default boat dock

Here is a boat dock I have been working on. The dock is 32'x34' with 180' walkway. Almost finished, just needs the gate and minor touch ups..Travis

Quote Originally Posted by lik2waterski View Post
    Here is a boat dock I have been working on. The dock is 32'x34' with 180' walkway. Almost finished, just needs the gate and minor touch ups..Travis
    Looks great! Hope you get to enjoy it.

It'd be a nice place to just sit out on a folding chair and watch the sun come up or go down before heading out in the boat or after coming in for the evening.

Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate