Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sander 6x48 Test run

Tried out the 6x48 belt today few bugs to work out but not bad. Hope to get it all fixed in a week or two. Really more work than I first thought. But the end is close.

Please let me know what you think or any ideals that may be helpful
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vernon; 06-18-2010 at 06:37 PM.

She's lookin good Vernon! Will there be a You Tube video of it in action when it's complete?
    Sometimes there's no second chances.

That's looking really good, I'm sure you've put alot of time into, especially the fine details as you get closer to completion. What sort of bugs do you need to work out?

Default Sander

Quote Originally Posted by davinci2010 View Post
    She's lookin good Vernon! Will there be a You Tube video of it in action when it's complete?
    Will try to make a video Don't know how at this point but I will try Go to my profile look at all the pictures Thank You
    Last edited by Vernon; 06-18-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Default Sander

Quote Originally Posted by FullFusion View Post
    That's looking really good, I'm sure you've put alot of time into, especially the fine details as you get closer to completion. What sort of bugs do you need to work out?
    Need to fit all the guards, Mount table with tilt feature, Little clean up, Sand blasting and Painting. Hope it turns out well. "Go to my profile look at all picture of sander" Thank you

Looks great. I'm sure it will end up being better than anything you could buy off the shelf now days. I have quite a few home made tools in my collection and they perform better than anything I could buy because I built them to my needs and not a generalization of the market a big corp could hope to capture.

The best feature of your sander though is........ IT'S NOT MADE IN CHINA!!!!

Keep us posted when it's completed and keep up the good work!!!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Vernon,

What part of Ohio are you located? I live out in the sticks about 15 miles from Warren.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_486 View Post
    Vernon,

What part of Ohio are you located? I live out in the sticks about 15 miles from Warren.
    I live in Brown County Mt. Orab is my town And yes Homemade sander is all USA will get a American Flag sticker when I'm finsh. Will try to post a video when done Just need to learn how to do that. Thanks Vernon

Looking good as usual there Vernon! Your rounded corners shows your eye for detail..
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

One of the things I've always liked about making my own tools is....

You've got a lifetime warrany on it, from the manufactuer!!!!!!!
    Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
    My own shop since 1981
    Cya Frank