Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Man I wish I had a Vette. As for real world.....all my friends KNOW I wake up in a different world everyday!!!

you dont want a vette,

there is a guy down the hill from me,,, he has a late model yellow vette, he waxes it everyday and in between waxes, his wife makes him walk one of those stupid little poddle dogs around the yard..

i always have a good laugh every time i see that,, how someone could even take an interest in a car like that.... or even a poddle dog for that matter.

also,, at car shows,,, the vette owners will bring lawn chairs and sit away from the rest of the real hotrodders,, as they know they are weaker and need to huddle together in numbers for protection.

Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

I worked on Vette's for years. Old one's, new one's, ZR1's, Z06's, even a few Callaway twin turbo's. It does kind of loose it's appeal when you have to make a living on it. Was fun at times though!
    Sometimes there's no second chances.

Quote Originally Posted by stugots View Post
    you dont want a vette,

there is a guy down the hill from me,,, he has a late model yellow vette, he waxes it everyday and in between waxes, his wife makes him walk one of those stupid little poddle dogs around the yard..

i always have a good laugh every time i see that,, how someone could even take an interest in a car like that.... or even a poddle dog for that matter.

also,, at car shows,,, the vette owners will bring lawn chairs and sit away from the rest of the real hotrodders,, as they know they are weaker and need to huddle together in numbers for protection.

I had an automotive machine shop for years at our Garage and auto parts store. Worked on a few vettes. I built some pretty nice big block ones.
    I don't know if you have ever driven a beefed up big block vette but they are very sweet.
    I know a good bit about GTO's and old Chevy pickups too. I currently do the engine work on a 65 Goat hardtop. It is my last remaining customer from the machine shop days. It is street legal (sorta) and currently runs 11.60's.
    I don't go anymore. I just wrench it in the winter. I've done just about every old musle car engine there is. I don't DO car shows tho. Those guys are too much show and not enuff go for me. No matter what kind of car they drive IMO.
    My folks still go to about every car show they can tho.
    At this point in my life, my biz is enuff thrill for me generally speaking. I would rather get into my welders than about anything.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I bought and owned for 19 years a 1969 Vette 427/390hp 4-speed coupe. I paid 3200.00 for it in 1982 and drove it to school my senior year. It was fun to drive as it had the special handling package (forget the name) on it as well. It did however have some draw backs, rear wheel bearings were not fun to replace, tight area to even change plugs and wires. Always had a small power draw and battery would be dead after about 2 weeks setting. Everything was like a boat and had to be grounded really well or the power draw was worse. It was generally very reliable and would handle like no other car I have ever owned and would burn the tires passing, pull out shift into 3rd and hold it to the floor and go by someone at 70-90 mph burning the tires kinda sideways sometimes....lol. Glad to have owned it, but don't miss it.

My dad owned a service station and wrecker service for 35 years so I knew how to fix anything on it and I was a tool and die maker for 20 years so what I couldn't fix or buy, I made...lol!

Also,

If you ever need any boat parts like that, pm me as I have a friend that parts out boats and sells the parts very reasonable and will ship them in CONUS. I bet he has 5-6 of those and you could get one for 100.00 or maybe less....you never know. Anyway I wanted to put that out there, he has a ton of old outboard parts too. He has in-line 4cy engines, V6, and V8 engines used as well for I/O's.

Can this go any further off topic?
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    Can this go any further off topic?
    Does this upset you that because you started this thread we stray from the topic it started on???
    It isn't like a piece of real estate or maybe something you have copywrited....it is the internet and you really don't have much control over what we dicuss.
    And BTW a post or 2 above was directed to YOU and you chose to ignore it...and it WAS on TOPIC!!!!
    It wouldn't surprise me if we now dicussed the ins and outs of proper forum edicate
    for awhile untill someone makes a worthwhile post again.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Does this upset you that because you started this thread we stray from the topic it started on???
    It isn't like a piece of real estate or maybe something you have copywrited....it is the internet and you really don't have much control over what we dicuss.
    And BTW a post or 2 above was directed to YOU and you chose to ignore it...and it WAS on TOPIC!!!!
    It wouldn't surprise me if we now dicussed the ins and outs of proper forum edicate
    for awhile untill someone makes a worthwhile post again.
    No, doesn't bother me at all, just an observation. Kind of quit reading all the off topic stuff on this thread when it went astray, so I didn't notice the one you refered to.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe

Quote Originally Posted by BaRtMaN View Post

Also,

If you ever need any boat parts like that, pm me as I have a friend that parts out boats and sells the parts very reasonable and will ship them in CONUS. I bet he has 5-6 of those and you could get one for 100.00 or maybe less....you never know. Anyway I wanted to put that out there, he has a ton of old outboard parts too. He has in-line 4cy engines, V6, and V8 engines used as well for I/O's.
    Thanks for the offer. I don't own a boat, and my friend is the only guy I know around here that has one. Not likely to need parts. Not a whole lot of boating opportunities in south eastern Arizona.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    No, doesn't bother me at all, just an observation. Kind of quit reading all the off topic stuff on this thread when it went astray, so I didn't notice the one you refered to.
    I understand
    On this site there are a number of unresolved disputes that carry over from one thread to the next. Some of this may be because we only have 3 categories. Some is normal internet and some is flat rude. It can be frustrating tho.
    I choose to see it as thread bumping myself.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

i only got to page 2 but couldn't read anymore because people were being too hostile to each other