Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everybody!

Exclamation Hi Everybody!

Regards! Today my classmates were proposing to investigate about de environmental problems when you're using the "Dialarc 250/250P AC/DC", or another kind of machine AC/DC, i hope you'll help me, i'm gonna check the forum every day, I'm waiting for your answers!

I would think you would be better served if you were to expand your search to investigating hazards regarding filler metals.
    Then you will find a ton of stuff. There is a lot of dangerous stuff out there and even more data than one can read.
    Heck just read the MSDS sheet in a box of rod. It has more than I wanna know.
    Unless you are talking about electrocuting something, I doubt you are gonna find much on the machine itself.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I'm with F.K. You will have to decide what kind of environmental impact you are looking for. If you are talking about electromagnetic fields, you will not likely find as much directly related to this machine. The transmission lines supplying power to your house are a much larger source of emf and there is a lot more reference material on that subject. Even with the filler material/fumes being a possible source of environmental impact, It is not directly linked to a Miller 250, but any form/brand of welding out there. The hardest hitting environmental impact directly related to a Dialarc 250, would be dropping one on your foot. Even that's kind of sketchy as I'm sure a Lincoln Idealarc 250 would hurt too!

The machine's manual would describe the dangers
    associated with using the machine
    and give suggested safety/protection
    measures. In addition to the MSDS
    that might be a good place to start.

Frank

Hey guys,
    Hmmmm...... Miss Mindy appears to be one of the new breed of environment PC trolls who look for responses from those not carefully evaluating their posts. They like to use quotes or phrases from the weldors who are the main source of their rants & ravings about how we are destroying the environment..duuuhhhhh!

Denny
    * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
    * Mobile unit *
    * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
    * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
    * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
    * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiepap View Post
    Hey guys,
    Hmmmm...... Miss Mindy appears to be one of the new breed of environment PC trolls who look for responses from those not carefully evaluating their posts. They like to use quotes or phrases from the weldors who are the main source of their rants & ravings about how we are destroying the environment..duuuhhhhh!

Denny
    I wondered about that. I'm not sure tho and don't wanna hold back from an honest person either tho. Nothing I said changes anything.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Bovine flatulence, That's what is destroying the environment! Mabye she should lead a campaign to outlaw cows.

Get up and away from your computer. Go the the local welding supply shop. Ask to see the MSDS sheets for the filler materals they sell. That'll keep you occupied for some time to come.

If that's not the answer you are looking for then go to the Miller site and look up the manual for that machine. All safety precautions are in the manual.

Hope that helps.

The environment impact is so hard, that I think they should stop all metal and non ferrous production"" think about all those gases released in the atmosphere and the mining involve, they are moving lakes to get the ores these days we dont need that stuff anyway
    And dont get me going on the fusion process.
    Last edited by Daniel; 06-15-2010 at 07:29 AM.

in colorado, i went to a logging site to repair the grapple on a skidder. the owner told me to turn in at the protesters in his directions to the job... as i started to turn in, a young man laid down in front of my truck.... i almost killed him had i not been paying very close attention. i stopped and had my windows down, and this female jumped up on the running board and preceded to give me the cursing of my life about killing the trees and global warming. i thought for a minute while she was ranting and waited until she started to draw a breath and i asked her this.... "lady, do you live in a house?" she replied "yes" i asked "is it made of plastic? Dont be the pot that called the kettle black, because if it werent for these logging boys, you wouldnt have a house to live in. Now, if you'll excuse me, i have a family to provide for"

she said not another word..... silly goober girl
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com