Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Ruby Pipeline Starting Up

The Ruby Pipeline project is ramping up, and may be an opportunity for some of you guys looking for work. http://www.rubypipeline.com/

It's a proposed 675 mile pipeline of 42" natural gas through Wyoming, Oregon, Utah and Nevada. Here's some pics of a staging area near Elko, Nv.

Thought it might be of some interest.
    Richard
    Last edited by nocheepgas; 06-14-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Son #1 & Son#2 are headed out to Utah next month on this job for U.S. Pipe.

The pipeline going in through north central Arkansas is getting laid out right now too. It's pretty impressive when you cross it drive 100 miles and then cross it again. You pipeliners have to be tough as nails. It is freaking hot out here.
    MillerMatic 252
    Spoolmate 200
    Diversion 165
    Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Dayton 6" Miter Band Saw
    Delta Drill Press
    Bosch 10" Table Saw
    Bosch 12" Double Bevel Miter Saw
    Jet 5 Ton Chain Hoist
    Radnor O/A

and this heavy duty table I made

Quote Originally Posted by NoogaD View Post
    The pipeline going in through north central Arkansas is getting laid out right now too. It's pretty impressive when you cross it drive 100 miles and then cross it again. You pipeliners have to be tough as nails. It is freaking hot out here.
    dang right it is! heat index in the sand box that i was standing in yesterday said 126 w/ 82 percent humidity. no shade, no breeze, 4 gallons of gatorade and water later..... i got to go home. they talking night work for a bit now... (im working on bridge stuff, not on the pipeline)
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Night work can sometimes be a pain with all the insects. I did a little outdoors welding last night and was constantly getting pelted by june bugs. Bugs in my helmet, bugs in my gloves, bugs under my shirt.
    "Ooooh the light is so pretty. Go towards the light." Stupid bugs.

Dynasty200DX w/coolmate1
    MM210
    MM Vintage
    Lincoln AC225
    Victor O/A, Smith AW1A
    Cutmaster 81
    IR 2475N7.5FP
    Evolution Rage3
    Jancy USA101
    9" South Bend
    AEAD-200LE

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Finney View Post
    Son #1 & Son#2 are headed out to Utah next month on this job for U.S. Pipe.
    Finney: Your boys ever been to Utah before? They'll love it. Sky so blue it hurts your eyes, and REAL breathable air. Seriously, Utah is a beautiful State, they may not want to come back!
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    Seriously, Utah is a beautiful State, they may not want to come back!
    No kidding! Would love to move to Moab.
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    No kidding! Would love to move to Moab.
    Yep, that whole S.E. corner is gorgeous. One could spend weeks going through the Parks, and not see it all.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    Yep, that whole S.E. corner is gorgeous. One could spend weeks going through the Parks, and not see it all.
    I could look out from Dead Horse Point for days!
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

I would love to go out there and work, looks beautiful. I am working in Virginia doing dig ups on a 30" line right now but I would rather be doing new mainline work.
    Synchrowave 180 Tigrunner
    Millermatic 251
    Trailblazer 302
    Spectrum 375