Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That engraver is awsome. This is one of the best projects I have seen on here. I sent you an email least week regarding a sheet cam question. It looks like you have been busy. Again, nice going.
    T.J.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    That engraver is awsome. This is one of the best projects I have seen on here. I sent you an email least week regarding a sheet cam question. It looks like you have been busy. Again, nice going.
    T.J.
    Thanks. TJ I'll get back to you in a next couple of days. Between work, and stuff I have had hardly any free time lately. I'll see if I can give you a hand in Sheetcam or make a video of a simple part, start to finish.
    David W.
    Machines: Millermatic Passport; Millermatic 350P, Dynasty 300DX TIGRunner, TD Cutmaster 51 Plasma, Hypertherm 190C Plasma,
    Machinery and Project Pictures: Click Here

What THC are you using? I want a THC for my Torchmate 4x4, but the cost is running me off the idea. I found a linear unit and am currently learning to program a chip, but would like to avoid that whole hassle if you have a cheaper alternative. Thanks.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Rbeckett View Post
    What THC are you using? I want a THC for my Torchmate 4x4, but the cost is running me off the idea. I found a linear unit and am currently learning to program a chip, but would like to avoid that whole hassle if you have a cheaper alternative. Thanks.
    Bob
    Bob,

I'm using a CandCNC Bladerunner-AIO control system with the DHTC control option. It essentially comes with the DHTC expansion option that ties to their UBOB breakout board. From there it feeds a serial input into the computer to display ARC voltage, and it uses a serial connection from the DHTC expansion module to the DHTC control board which is remotely mounted. i installed that in a black ABS box on my Powermax 45 and it collects ARC Volts, ARC Good, and also triggers the plasma torch. Thus far I've been happy with the results - it's working well.
    David W.
    Machines: Millermatic Passport; Millermatic 350P, Dynasty 300DX TIGRunner, TD Cutmaster 51 Plasma, Hypertherm 190C Plasma,

Well thought out and very nicely done!

The only thing I have to ask...

Why didn't you paint it BLUE????

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
    Well thought out and very nicely done!

The only thing I have to ask...

Why didn't you paint it BLUE????
    Thanks. Why no blue? Well no offense to Miller, but blue isn't one of my favorite colors. I wanted the table to stand out and be different than my other equipment, so I decided to try red.

I have a few more things to do on this project, but it's been on hold for a couple of weeks. I bought an Acer 3VS E-Mill, similar to a Bridgeport but with a VFD and Baldor 3HP Super-E motor. I have been moving things around and getting ready for my 840 mile trip to go get it and bring it home. Another toy for the shop, but moving it is anything like moving a toy. Wish me luck!
    David W.

Hi
    Where did you buy the guides where the little wheels run.
    And what sort of pitch did you use on both axis?
    Thank you
    Ernesto from Mexico