Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I own all my tanks, and they were all purchased secondhand. I have two O/A sets, shield bottles for my MIG and TIG setups, and I picked them up for less than half what they would cost new. Deals can be found if you are patient, especially on Craigslist.

I bought my 336cf and my 80cf bottles new. The rest of them were all either acquired with machines or through good fortune (private sales or free).

Craigs list is a great place to look. I put up an add looking for free lp tanks and ended up with a 125cf O2 bottle.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    We have a stairway that was over a roadway at one time. We cut the cage off of it so we could use the stairway for an acsess for a second story apartment. Now we have a very large "cage" laying around. I suggested building a "live meth head trap". Put a Lp tank painted white withe red anhydrous on it for bait. I bet we could catch a few.
    We could even put it next to the pond and if the trapped POS gave lip, we could dunk them with the excavator. HA.
    I HATE thieves.
    LOL you said it....
    i get my gas real cheap .my buddy is a authorized dealer
    Last edited by welderman23; 12-06-2007 at 07:28 PM.
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

dont get the wrong impression. they had up to date tags from the local shop, and he is a buddy of mine so i checked through him and he said they were legit and he sold them to the guy i bought them from. its kind of sad that a guy would drop the price down so far on something he once worked so hard to pay for, just to get high for a night....

Sometimes a person has to hit rock bottom and lose everything before they can see clear again. Don't give up on your friend yet.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

But I still hate a thief.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

One thing I learned a long time ago is that no matter how much you think you will never need them or tired of using them..... never, ever, ever sell off your tools. I've sold off bikes, electronics, even my house once when things got lean, but I have every tool I've ever bought, found, gifted to, passed down to, you name it. They are worth so much more than their market value in the long run. There's tools at my place that are twice my age and still going strong. That's why I hate theives, but there's a special burn that comes from someone stealing tools. It's someone's livelyhood and bread on the table. But, if it's legit and a good deal, then I'll be the first in line with cash and a flatbed trailer.

Just a side thought...

SSS
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 12-06-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Bobcat 250, MM 210, Syncrowave 180, Spectrum 375
    Cat 242B Skid Steer, Challenger (Cat/Agco) MT275
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Canada, I feel I may have overreacted. I apologize for accusing you of receiving stolen property. I jumped to a conclusion without enough information. Where I live we have a very bad problem with meth heads stealing anything they can get their hands on. Just the other day my job took me to a large recycling yard. I saw two men pull up with half an aluminum light pole on top of a Toyota Corolla, the yard gave them the money no questions asked. After all the metal I have had stolen that really made me mad. Cops donít seem to care. Regardless, I was wrong to attack your post. Glad you got some good equipment for a good price.
    Paul

There's no ground straps on any of the power mains around here - all the wire has been stolen...

Heard that from the lineman who did my line drop and relocation on the house when I moved the main panel. Pretty sad.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

pthunberg, dont worry about it, i understand. Yeah i live in apache juntion Arizona. its the meth capital of the U.S. alot of theft, and as you said no questions asked.