Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oxy Acetalene bottles

this really doesnt have anything to do with miller or projects, but i bought a full size oxygen bottle and full size acetalene bottle(both owned bottles) from a guy today for a killer deal and was wondering what any of you other guys, and girls, paid for your bottles. thanks

if i recall, my bottles cost me about 375 bucks with the first fill. id have to check the inv.

thats for 120 cft of O2 and the proportionate acet.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

wow, i got a killer deal. picked them up from some tweeker, both for $50. talked to guy at local weld supply shop and he said it was legit. thanks for the info. i really appreciate it

whats a "tweeker"?
    I bought mine from the LWS. Next time I'll hunt through the buy n sell first.
    its a gamble though because you dont know what youll get.

Glad to hear you lucked out. Do you know how long before the tanks are due for inspection?
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Nice. My guess is some welder is missing his Oxy Act rig. Hopefully he didnít depend on having his tools to make a living. The Meth Heads would not steal so much if people were a little more conscientious about buying obviously stolen items. Nobody who actually purchased tanks would sell them so cheap. I bet I could take them down to Air Gas and they would give me more than $50.00 for a 120cf tank. Sorry just my 2 cents worth. I have had many tools I rely on stolen.
    Paul

We have a stairway that was over a roadway at one time. We cut the cage off of it so we could use the stairway for an acsess for a second story apartment. Now we have a very large "cage" laying around. I suggested building a "live meth head trap". Put a Lp tank painted white withe red anhydrous on it for bait. I bet we could catch a few.
    We could even put it next to the pond and if the trapped POS gave lip, we could dunk them with the excavator. HA.
    I HATE thieves.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

I just bought a #3 Acetylene and a 125 O2 off a retired guy for $100 including regs and a torch handle with #9 and cutting heads. Both tanks were 20 years out of cert. Took them in to my LWS and brought home full tanks for $102 the same day (fill, and hydros on the old tanks).

He was trying to make space in a very stuffed garage.

The torch isn't anything special, but the regulators are in decent shape.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

i bought my set.. i think the O2 is 60cu ft (smaller ones..half the size of fullsize tanks) and the acl. tank to go with it.. hoses, torch and various sized and styled heads, and a dolly/cart for 75 bux.. but that was from a little old lady.. her husband owned them and worked on cars and stuff and he past away.. im sure he'd be proud to see them runnin still today! could use a new torch but .. if it aint broke.........

Quote Originally Posted by pthunberg View Post
    Nice. My guess is some welder is missing his Oxy Act rig. Hopefully he didnít depend on having his tools to make a living. The Meth Heads would not steal so much if people were a little more conscientious about buying obviously stolen items. Nobody who actually purchased tanks would sell them so cheap. I bet I could take them down to Air Gas and they would give me more than $50.00 for a 120cf tank. Sorry just my 2 cents worth. I have had many tools I rely on stolen.
    Paul
    Paul, I agree, if nobody would jump on those "killer deals" we'd probably have a lot less commercial crime ... I've been victimized (stolen from, not buying) a few times myself ... if any deal is legitimate, it's worth full price, why would it be worth less??? maybe fast money, $5 less, but never 10 or 20 cents on the dollar. I may be stupid, everything I have I paid fair value for. But then again, my conscience is clean ... And the paperwork is all clear here, nobody's ever going to have any reason to examine serial numbers here ....

Quote Originally Posted by shott8283 View Post
    i bought my set.. i think the O2 is 60cu ft (smaller ones..half the size of fullsize tanks) and the acl. tank to go with it.. hoses, torch and various sized and styled heads, and a dolly/cart for 75 bux.. but that was from a little old lady.. her husband owned them and worked on cars and stuff and he past away.. im sure he'd be proud to see them runnin still today! could use a new torch but .. if it aint broke.........
    Yeah, same thing here. Like my mom was going to pay someone to haul away all the tanks my dad left behind until I told her I'd take them. There are a lot of little old ladies cleaning out their garages after their husband's death.

Over here, there are also guys who are moving back to the mainland and selling their tanks cheap. You can find at least one of these deals every week on craigslist.

Just because you get a good deal on something, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was stolen.