Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smoker

Thumbs up

Had a little time this past weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jarred.chance; 06-22-2010 at 05:20 PM.

smoker is almost completed. hope to finish tomorrow.

Default Smoker

Did a great job Hope to see more jobs in the furture Guard on Tractor turn out very nice also.

Default Finally finished.

Took much sweat an several burns. The lesson I learned here is If your welding glove has a hole worn in the thumb then buy a new pair!!!! Burn was not that bad just enough to get my attention. Oh and I already cut ends off bolts they were a little long on the shelf.

nice build. thanks for sharing the pics!
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Default smoker

Just for you info, pipe up to 12" is measured on the inside (ID)
    from 12" up it is measured on the outside (OD)

Great job. Now lets see what it can do. Finished product of something smoked?

That is really cool. I am going to make one very similar to that one, but I am going to make mine rectangle.

How much does it weight, approx?
    Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

How much does it weight, approx?

I'm 5'6" and weight 181lbs. I consider myself pretty strong. (and short) I can dead lift 585LBS (thats 12 plates on the bar) for reps. I have to drag smoker to move it. Have yet to place it on scale. But my guess is around 300ish lbs. It is very awkward to try and pick it up. I grab around cook chamber and can get it a few inches off ground but then I can't take any steps with it. Go figure. Nobody will ever want to borrow it more than once, though!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jarred.chance View Post
    I'm 5'6" and weight 181lbs. I consider myself pretty strong. (and short) I can dead lift 585LBS (thats 12 plates on the bar) for reps. I have to drag smoker to move it. Have yet to place it on scale. But my guess is around 300ish lbs. It is very awkward to try and pick it up. I grab around cook chamber and can get it a few inches off ground but then I can't take any steps with it. Go figure. Nobody will ever want to borrow it more than once, though!!!!!
    The reason I ask is because I thought about making one slightly smaller for portability. I was going to make a bracket for the receiver hitch to pin it in. Kind of like a tailgating smoker. From the research I have done so far, I don't think I will be able to make one that is light enough and will last very long. I would have to make it out of pretty thin material to keep it lighter.
    Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->