Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default anyone got the jackson hellraiser helmet

im thinking about getting the jackson hellraiser autodark helment. how is it?

i have a jackson eqc i got new in 1995 it still works
    but i started looking for a new one i was going to go with jackson
    again so i look on the web and miller was the only one
    that had a video on there helmets / cyberweld has elite's
    for under $260.00
    got the elite inferno from cyberweld no tax no shipping

I had 2 Jacksons ....an EQC and I think the other was called a Journeyman or something like that.
    Now I have an esab eyetech and a Miller XLi ...they are much lighterweight
    Has the Jacksons gone on a diet??
    I must be a heavy breather 'cause mine just fog way too much to suit me.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

if you are going to spend more than $200 on an auto dark hood, which should be the minumum price forany one that cares about their eyesight, look into getting a miller elite. if you shopped around you could pick one up for $250. or a speedglas, they are top of the line, but after you weld with one you will never go back. And if you are stuck on jackson products, save up to put the Boss lens in your hood. the viewing area is unbeleivable

i might be able to get a deal on a jackson hellraiser. i thought jackson's were the best. i guess not . i like the millers alot to .

I bought a jackson NexGen 1 month ago on ebay,190.00 plus 15.00 shipping,love the hood for pipeline work! Money well spent and the relacement lens are the generic large flat.

I have been using a miller auto, I got a deal on a Jackson nextgen (65.00 used). Great helmet, I use it for tig and the miller for mig and arc.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    I had 2 Jacksons ....an EQC and I think the other was called a Journeyman or something like that.
    Now I have an esab eyetech and a Miller XLi ...they are much lighterweight
    Has the Jacksons gone on a diet??
    I must be a heavy breather 'cause mine just fog way too much to suit me.

ok the jackson journey man has the eqc lens in it journeyman is just the model all jackson helmets come with a eqc lens

I bought the very first lightweight Jackson hood the lws sold when it was introduced. That was 27 years ago and it's still a great hood but not the lightweight it once was, lol. I think the Shadow weighs 6 ounces but I may have the wrong name on it.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.