Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Anyone seen a syncro 200 with coolmate 4 setup

I was lucky enough to get 2 miller coolmate 4 water coolers from work for free. One has a burned out motor the other a cooling coil with a hole in it. I'm taking both appart and making one good working unit. Just wondering if anyone has seen a setup running the coolmate 4 on syncrowave 200 runner and how the cooler was mounted, or if anyone has a good idea of a rack or something to mount the cooler.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

mines just sitting next to the machine. I got my coolmate 4 used too. thought the motor was burned up too, turned out It was filled with dirt and debris. the fan pulls all of the dirty air over the motor. anyways I had the motor cleaned and now the cooler works like a charm.

I actually took the fan off of it. runs quieter and cools enough for that machine. occasionally I run the machine hard and the torch barely gets warm. Thats a good cooler
    MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
    Diversion 180
    Spectrum 375 X-TREME
    Portable Victor O/A
    Palmgren Bench Drill Press
    14" Evolution Dry Saw
    IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
    Speedglas 9100x
    My Brain

what ya gonna do with the other one? I might be up for a rehab job on the one with the bad motor and coil.

thanks!

joel at joel hester dot com
    '11 Lincoln Power Mig 216
    '10 Syncro200 TIG runner
    Scotchman CPO 350 LT cold saw w/ AMS
    6x6 Enco corner notcher
    Weldsale fixture table 3x5
    Acorn Welding Platen 5x8

Thanks guys. Jimmy pop the one cooler is missing the pump from the front of the cooler as well. If you want it you can have it the only good thing that will be left on it will be the actual poly tank. What are you guys running for a torch and how did you connect it? Did you buy the miller connector or just a brass pass thru style connector for the power?

does your machine have the dinse connectors or the studs and nuts? I have an older style stud adapter I'm not using. I might be interested in buying whatever parts you have left over

Yeah I have the dinse connectors so I ordered the miller adaptor for my machine and the weld craft wp2025 watercooled torch. Not much left of the second cooler. I took all the best parts and made one good cooler (had to tig 5 splits in the radiator cool). If anyone is interested in the leftovers (seized motor, poly tank, radiator coil with a bunch of spilts) let me know, and if you can paypal me the shipping costs it's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jrscgsr View Post
    Yeah I have the dinse connectors so I ordered the miller adaptor for my machine and the weld craft wp2025 watercooled torch. Not much left of the second cooler. I took all the best parts and made one good cooler (had to tig 5 splits in the radiator cool). If anyone is interested in the leftovers (seized motor, poly tank, radiator coil with a bunch of spilts) let me know, and if you can paypal me the shipping costs it's yours.
    dibs PM'd...