Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default One thing I hate about these forums . . .

One thing that really bugs me about the miller forums, and maybe you can help me fix the issue (assuming it is fixable). I hate having to open every single one of the links to the pictures.

Firefox and IE both have the same issue. Anyone have a way around this (to show all the photos inline without having to open them)?

I am tired of having to click on
    link to pic 1
    link to pic 2
    link to pic 3

and so on.

Use a hosting site like Photobucket, Tiny Pic, etc. I'm no computer whiz & I figured it out. Pretty self explanatory, just size the pic for the application, upload it & copy/paste to the post your are making.

Easy.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

My browser shows the pics the way that they were entered in the response. If they were entered with the [img]...........[/img] tags then they show as the pic, but if they were loaded as a link then the link shows. I load my pics to the site so if I happen to break the link from Picassa or photo bucket, my pic still shows.

I type the img code since one of my other sites shows pics like Welding Web and shows a thumbnail that you still have to click on if it was loaded with the insert img tab. Its a few more key strokes but not a real big issue.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

The reason this is done this way in so many forums is download speeds are not equal. Someone like myself who has fiber optic to the home, I can watch you tube videos with no buffering, it is a pain in the butt to click to see an image. However a lot of people still have a dial up or slow DSL internet connection. When the photos are loaded up with the thred the time they have to spend waiting for the download is horrendous.

It's a pain in the butt for us. But it's an absolute nightmare for them.

Click and count your blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by wroughtnharv View Post
    The reason this is done this way in so many forums is download speeds are not equal. Someone like myself who has fiber optic to the home, I can watch you tube videos with no buffering, it is a pain in the butt to click to see an image. However a lot of people still have a dial up or slow DSL internet connection. When the photos are loaded up with the thred the time they have to spend waiting for the download is horrendous.

It's a pain in the butt for us. But it's an absolute nightmare for them.

Click and count your blessings.
    Double ditto on that!!!!
    Dial-up SUCKS but for some of us, it's as good as it gets, nothing else is available.
    Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
    My own shop since 1981
    Cya Frank

I wonder if there is a firefox plugin that will open up all hyperlinked images. I thought I found one, but it doesn't work with the latest version of firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank865 View Post
    Double ditto on that!!!!
    Dial-up SUCKS but for some of us, it's as good as it gets, nothing else is available.
    Check into satellite internet..
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!