Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Exclamation Troubleshooting Miller Spectrum 2050

Mabey you guys can help me with a problem im having with my plasma cutter. As the title states I have a Miller Spectrum 2050 and am having some problems.

The problem is that it will not start an arc when I pull the trigger anymore. The power light is on, the ready light is on. I have checked the air pressure, its good the only thing that i can think of is that mabey the stinger is bad. One other thing is that when i used to power it up the fan would come on for a second or two and the stinger would let pressure out which it does not do anymore.

Any help you could give would be great.

Thanks

Default 2050

After you have verified the pressure is where it should be with air flowing - you can force this condition by turning current to zero - check for 400 volts on each of the two large electrolytic capacitors in the top of the machine. Be careful, there are lethal voltages here. weldersales

Check the trigger first and its connection in side the case.
    Does the air flow in gas test?
    Loosen the retaining cap on the torch 1/4 turn and see if it fires.
    It maybe best to take it in. these are not easy machines to troubleshoot.
    Glenn 300 amp stick
    Millermatic 35
    L-tec plasma

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions