Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pipe Bender

Default Pipe Bender

Looking to buy a pipe bender. I know I've asked questions before on this, I think this may be my last one...
    I think I'm going with pro-tools after looking at all the different ones. the
    105A bender is either manual OR hydraulic. Problem is it just goes up to 1-1/2"
    Schedule 40 pipe. The 105B bender, or "THE BRUTE", does up to 2" schedule 40 pipe, but it is ONLY hydraulic (no chance to change it to manual). If the hydraulic breaks down, I'm screwed, until it gets fixed. At least with the
    105A, I can switch to manual and keep on working. I want to bend pipe for truck racks and boat rails, but would be nice to have the option to do 2" if the need arises. Question: How many of you bend 2" pipe and for what? Should I spend the extra money or will I just be wasting it?
    thanks in advance,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

pro tools you can buy one or you can download plans to build one and get the dies from them to cut costs you can also get plans from blindchicken racing

If the hydraulic system is somewhat maintained. Filters and an oil change once or twice a year (depending on use) there isn't any reason it shouldn't run for years.

I don't want to bend 2" sch 40 by hand.
    Jim

You are probably not going to over use the bender. Even if you use it alot without changing the filter, it should last a long time. If something does break down it is simple hydraulics. So parts should be "off the shelf", easy to get.
    Just my thoughts.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

A HUGE mahalo to all of you!!!! From these responses, I guess I shouldn't worry about the hydraulic pump!!! Thank you very much!!!
    Question: What do you guys use 2" Scedule 40 for???
    thanks a lot,
    bert
    I'm not late...

i was going to buy the 20 20 from shop outfitters
    does anyone have this and is it wourth the money

You may want to check out this thread. There's alot of reading there, but if you can do a little fabbing, you can wind up with a pretty nice bender.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ht=pipe+bender

jkmola,
    THANKS BUDDY!!!! Just spent 2-1/2 hours reading that whole thread!!!! VERY DARN imformative, but there was soo much contraversy on where to put the tabs and other things, I'm just going to spend the money on the already made bender.....That way, I'll keep all my hair If anyone has time to make it, it was VERY well to spend the time to read it!!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...