Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up 15' drain trench project

started this last week,, i sawed this gully and grate support system out of one piece of solid concrete... it will have a 4in drain pipe at the end that will take the water about 25feet away.

the metal for the grate will be here at the end of the week,,, so it will be a few days until i get to the building/welding of the grate,,, its going to sit right on the ledges i made.

i used my k960 gas saw for the down cuts and a 4/12 grinder with diamond blade installed to get at the side cuts for the supports.

its a complicated cut,,, it also has a "V" cut at the very bottom to help drain every bit of water out,,, so you dont have standing water.

ill add more pictures after i get my steel.

im also doing frame offs on a 65gto conv and a 53/54 chevy custom pickup right now,,, ill post some pictures of those later this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

concreted the drain pipe in today
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

I that your fence or the neighbor, i dont know if it's a good idea to have the end of the drain so close to the post.
    Other then that nice job

i must confess, i hate the guy next door, he does nothing but complain.. so im going to give him every inch of rain water off my huge 70' driveway,, later im going to tee my gutters into the same line.

and yes,, its his fence,, but with some careful rock placement, i will direct the water up and underneath his fence right into his yard,, as the fence is not really my primary target to wreak havoc on.
    Last edited by stugots; 05-18-2010 at 05:55 AM.
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

With a neighbor like you I can undurstand why he'd be complaining all the time.... I'm just jocking with you.
    I'm not sure but I think you're responsible for your rain water and it has to be contain on your property or connected with the city main sewer line.
    I'm not sure. I was thinking of doing the same for my property but I was going to make the drain end in a little trench concrete lined with little rocks in it on the side of my fence and take it to the road. But somebody told me, that I might not be allowed to make my rain water cross the sidewalk, for ice build up in the spring ????
    Anyway good luck there

Man I cant beleive you use his fence to retain your garden rocks. I would be more then complaining. "" just notice""
    Last edited by Daniel; 05-18-2010 at 07:52 AM.

his main beef with me,, is when i run my 600hp engine with no exhaust system hooked to it.

and to answer the rest of your questions regarding codes and laws,, i have only one answer to give,

i suffer from what experts call, antisocial personality disorder

its symptoms are the following

Diagnostic Criteria:

Three or more of the following are required:

* Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest

* Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure

* Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead

* Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults

* Reckless disregard for safety of self or others

* Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations

* Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

also,, once the lady a crossed the street called me a hillbilly,, she is always yelling when i use my gas powered leaf blower to blow all the leaves and trash off of my lawn into the street,, ending up her her front yard.

so after she complained, i went on ebay and found the most hillybilly flag i could find, stuck it up on some 6ft poles and parked it right in front of her house for over one month, i even took pictures of it,, check it out,,, its a fish flag
    Last edited by stugots; 05-18-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

Talking Nice

Quote Originally Posted by stugots View Post
    his main beef with me,, is when i run my 600hp engine with no exhaust system hooked to it.

and to answer the rest of your questions regarding codes and laws,, i have only one answer to give,

i suffer from what experts call, antisocial personality disorder

its symptoms are the following

Diagnostic Criteria:

Three or more of the following are required:

* Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest

* Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure

* Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead

* Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults

* Reckless disregard for safety of self or others

* Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations

* Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

also,, once the lady a crossed the street called me a hillbilly,, she is always yelling when i use my gas powered leaf blower to blow all the leaves and trash off of my lawn into the street,, ending up her her front yard.

so after she complained, i went on ebay and found the most hillybilly flag i could find, stuck it up on some 6ft poles and parked it right in front of her house for over one month, i even took pictures of it,, check it out,,, its a fish flag
    This all reminds me of that Richard Pryor Movie - 'Moving'

I'm glad I live in the country
    The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

About the second day that POS was parked in front of my house, I'd have pitched a molotov cocktail in the back.

You should be ****ed glad you don't live next door to an ol snake eater. Their bag of dirty tricks is extensive.

A little sugar in the fuel would quiet that 600 HP engine in short order.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    About the second day that POS was parked in front of my house, I'd have pitched a molotov cocktail in the back.

You should be ****ed glad you don't live next door to an ol snake eater. Their bag of dirty tricks is extensive.

A little sugar in the fuel would quiet that 600 HP engine in short order.
    I'm betting you've eaten a few of them thar snakes.

I got major white trash across the street, I know what you mean........
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......