Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default ok guys new weld. How does this one look

I was using a lincoln weld pak, flux core wire. hows is this one? thanks

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...27/myweld2.jpg

pretty good

don't forget to fill in that crater

Thanks, yea i know. that was just a scrap piece that i only just welded alittle. ( didnt want to waste my wire)

looks fine
    mm210
    maxstar 150

anychace, just by looking does it look like it would pass a weld inspection at all?

Default Not bad...But.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I was using a lincoln weld pak, flux core wire. hows is this one? thanks

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...27/myweld2.jpg

The weld looks O.K. but it's hard to tell if you got proper penetration. Also, why didn't you weld all the way around? To help better critique your welds, I along with several other members (I'm sure) would like to know the material, material thickness, machine, amps, filler and a cut-off side view to see your penetration. Otherwise all we are looking at is a bead. However, you bead looks good but remember, looks are deceiving especially in welding!

Good luck and hope to see some more!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters