Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Tractor lift pole old vs new

thought i'd throw out some pics of my old tractor lift pole after it failed. i've lifted several loads with it that caused the front of my tractor to come off of the ground (not a small tractor--ford 5610) and never a problem. i had the GREAT idea to put a trailer hitch ball on the end and that's where the failure began. it worked fine until i was moving a 16' trailer with a couple tons of scrap metal on it. i was headed down an incline and turned. the trailer tried to keep going down--putting a pretty good torque load on the lift pole. you might can see the bend in the riser section. it didn't last long after that.

so i did what any man would do! i built a new one.........

i already started scavenging for parts before i thought about taking pics, sorry!

first lesson learned: lift pole is for lifting
    second lesson: build the next one heavier

new lift pole pics in second post...........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by grnxrymnky; 05-07-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    1 BEST 6 Y/O HELPER IN THE WORLD
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    LOTS OF HAMMERS MISC SIZES
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS
    HOME MADE GANTRY CRANE
    SOME GOOD COMMON SENSE (I THINK)
    TRACTOR WITH NEW HEAVY DUTY LIFT POLE -- FIND MY THREAD
    6 GOATS, 1 DOG, 1 DONKEY...
    ON AND ON AND ON...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137