Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One thing I've found hard to find out and am still looking for info on is finding what point to go off of from a bend in tubing, since there is no edge, where do you measure from?

You can use the edge of a bending die as your mark.

If you bend your own tubing, mark where the die edge is at the start, and you'll have a reference point. I hope that helps you with your question.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Horns View Post
    One thing I've found hard to find out and am still looking for info on is finding what point to go off of from a bend in tubing, since there is no edge, where do you measure from?
    Ron Covell has an excellent video on working with tubing - goes into how to accurately use a tube bender. One thing he doesn't mention though if you change material, or even supplier, the spring back on tubing might change. Do a practice bend with each lot and keep notes.

I believe you can actually rent Covell's videos on some web sites.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

$40 Holy crap!

Here is a photo demo of chop saw pipe notching, don't get no easier that this
    Pirate 4x4 chop saw notching photo demo
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

I believe you can actually rent Covell's videos on some web sites.
    http://smartflix.com/
    Along with a lot of other dvd's on stuff, After watching a couple of idiots with a case of beer, a vid camera,a pencil and a cardboard box for drawing on. With the air compressor running as background music and the sunshine washing out picture, when they point the camera in the direction of the windows and open garage door. You will be glad you rented some and did not spend $89.00 on them.
    But it is a good deal, Just read all the reviews as they tell the truth
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Me too don't know and would go through the suggestions given below...

Hi...,
    Sorry i have not information about it i think you should be visit on google dot com or yahoo dot com.It is the best way to find it easily.Have nice day....Bye
    Magnus2