Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default The oil spill metal container four stories tall

I was checking out the metal container they are building to cap the oil leaks. i noticed they were welding it up with either arc or Flux-cored wire feed. Pretty amazing construction. I think they are using Miller and Lincoln. How much you think theyre making?
    Attached Images Attached Images

how many portable welders can u spot in the picture =P

i counted 7.

If they weren't so new looking, I'd look like a Lincoln boneyard.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Lightbulb

Probably SAE 500's with Stainless Steel cases.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Quote Originally Posted by forschoolonly559 View Post
    i counted 7.
    Looks like 7 on the ground and at least one ESAB on top.

Griff

Owner
    DW Metalworks LLC
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller 8RC Feeder
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
    Hobart Handler 135
    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
    Smith O/A Torch Set
    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

That is a pretty big box to just look at it. I would imagine dropping it 5000 feet and trying to hit an area where it will cover a whole leak is going to be quite a job. Compared to the floor of the gulf that box is nothing. Good luck BP.