Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Welding V-Blocks

Hi Guys,

I just finished making my first welding V-block. I need a bunch of these for a project and just couldn't buy them where I live. Frustration leads to invention - and I thought I would share.

The base is 1X2" channel. I welded on some 1" angle and spaced it off the side by the thickness of my square. This left a gap in the middle for the 2" angle. I carefully ground the top of the channel and the base of the angle flat with my 12" disk sander. I put on an inch of weld to hold things in place as I didn't want to warp the angle.

Then I cut out the fillet in the angle and ground the front and back flat.

Here's the finished project. I tested the top of the 2" angle and it was perfectly level with my bench - close enough for welding.

Synchrowave 180SD
    Millermatic 252
    Hypertherm 35
    MetalMaster 14" Saw
    Other random stuff.

Cool

Great job they look like they will work well...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Well thought out, a similar construction could be used to make a centre
    drilling jig.

Coburn you built what I had been thing about. Well thought out as well as well done.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137