Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starting issues

Threaded View

Default Starting issues

I have been trying to start my engine today and it did run before i started work on it a few months ago however it ran badly. Now it won't even fire! I have checked fuel delivery, which is good, and i checked the spark between the wires which go from the distributor to the spark plugs. I checked the spark by putting a bolt in the wire and holding it about 1/8 away from the block. There is no spark at any of the wires. I then checked the distributor by taking off the cap and checking the spark there. It had a spark. My question is this. If there is a spark in the distributor, what could it be? The wires possibly?

Any suggestions of what to do next would be helpful.

Thanks in advance and sorry to keep asking questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.