Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bored

Default bored

A couple of hours ago (well 3 hrs ago) I was sitting in front of my computer, and bored with that, I decided to see what I could brew up in a couple of hours. Don't know why I decided on a belt buckle, but this is the end result in the photo.
    I started with a piece of .062 stainless from my scrap bin that I rough ground to shape on my belt grinder and then cupped to shape, before I tigged my name (yeah I know) on the front with the border also tigged with 309L. I then went over the border with my tig and a higher heat setting to give it the distressed appearance that I desired. I then touched it up on my belt grinder to high-light the edges. The handgun casting on the buckle is a pin that I soldered in place. The back has the normal hardware silver soldered in place to mount the buckle on my favorite belt.
    So, thats how I passed the evening!

Last edited by stormchaser; 06-09-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Man, that's nice. I can't get ANYTHING done in one evening.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137