Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Fowler Mainliner

Hey, does anyone know anything about the Fowler Mainliner Machine and parts from Hybriweld? What I'm mostly interested in is the 7 range selector and the arc force control. Thanks, Jef

Tom's son post on the AWS forum in the SA-200 section all the time.

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/board_show.pl?bid=44
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Slightly Off Topic, but there are 2 sites now to research:

http://www.fowlerenginesllc.com/

http://hybriweld.com/?SID=78afcff145...cbda7d3dd5de11
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

I haven't read this thread (yet) but it may be of some interest to you.

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?tid=20360
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Thanks , guy's but I want to hear from guy's that know of or have used the Fowler Mainliner stuff. I talked to a fella in Arkansas who has the arc force and he said it completely changed the way his machine welded (for the better) Jef

It seems to me that I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Miller has already provided a product with what you are after. The PIPEPRO 304. I've been using one for 10 years now. Now why is it that all the Lincoln fans are trying to get their machines to be adjustable like the Miller machine? There is nothing wrong with a Lincoln machine, I like them myself. The Fowler Mainliner is probably a nice machine, haven't used one myself, but you have to wonder about the reason he has modified the Lincoln to weld like the Miller. (hint: It is to keep the Lincoln fans happy).

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked one View Post
    Hey, does anyone know anything about the Fowler Mainliner Machine and parts from Hybriweld? What I'm mostly interested in is the 7 range selector and the arc force control. Thanks, Jef
    I know this is an old thread, but just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I have a '85 SA-250 that has Tom Fowler's Arc Force kit in it. I really like it and would recommend it to anyone. It makes welding pretty easy. You don't really notice the arc's force, but you can really tell in your rod speed.
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

I don't know any thing about these either Wicked but it has me interested. Does the fowler arc force only work on 200's or would it work on a 300 also?

Quote Originally Posted by O.W.L View Post
    I don't know any thing about these either Wicked but it has me interested. Does the fowler arc force only work on 200's or would it work on a 300 also?
    It will work on any welder with Shunt Coil's. So yes.
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

Default Hybriweld & The Mainliner

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked one View Post
    Contact me I build all of Toms Mainliners and my brother n law owns Hybriweld! I have your hook up!