Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I Live in Ensenada Baja California, around 75 miles south of the border with San Diego

Default Incoterms

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    I have been asked to build some fanning magnets for a plant in Mexico. I have built these before for the Corporate main plant in Michigan and sent them to the Alabama plant, so I know they like them.
    My questions are about shipping, especially across the border, the lady in Mexico sent me an e-mail with the info for their customs broker.
    I do not mind crating these up and dropping off at a truck terminal, but I do not want to get into a bunch of hassles with this.
    If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing I would be glad to hear any pointers.

Also I am located in Indiana. Thanks, Tim.
    Next time you get a order like this one, either you crate it using certified wood, OR just specify on the written agrement your TERMS : EXWORKS (which internationally, NAFTA approved language means NOT LIABLE AFTER MERCHANDISE LEFT MY SHOP or WAREHOUSE doors)

or TERM: FOB (FREE ON BOARD) Meaning your responsibility ends as soon it is picked up by carrier..
    A C T I O N ! ! !

I Live in Ensenada Baja California, around 75 miles south of the border with San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by puddle jumper View Post
    We have thousands of Mexicans in our small Indiana town,maybe you could strap your freight on a few of their backs and send them south.I don't know if they could find their way back to Mexico though,they seem to like the weather here,and all their freedom to commit crime.
    WHATS UP WITH YOUR COMMENTS??? are you a racist???

why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime? dude please read a little educate yourserlf.

The United States is called "THE MELTING POT" so many races live here and you have to respect and tolerate all.

Yes I am hispanic, have 2 degrees and consider myself a very hard working guy. I love welding and been doing it as a side job for many years.

I know many of our fellow welders will have something to say about this, but it is our love to welding and creating stuff what brought us all here so please keep, Racial profiling and any offensive comments to yourself.
    Last edited by GMAN; 11-27-2007 at 09:45 AM.
    A C T I O N ! ! !

Default Tred lightly, VERY LIGHTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
    WHATS UP WITH YOUR COMMENTS??? are you a racist???

why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime? dude please read a little educate yourserlf.

The United States is called "THE MELTING POT" so many races live here and you have to respect and tolerate all.

Yes I am hispanic, have 2 degrees and consider myself a very hard working guy. I love welding and been doing it as a side job for many years.

I know many of our fellow welders will have something to say about this, but it is our love to welding and creating stuff what brought us all here so please keep, Racial profiling and any offensive comments to yourself.
    Be carefull who you call a racist! That term is used to much and resorted to too often, even to the point it has no meaning for many. Yes America is a melting pot and as to your remark " why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime?" Any Hispano that is here without papers has commited a crime and continues to do so if they drive, don't pay taxes etc. Hence your quote "educate yourself" goes both ways my friend! This is a VERY VERY big issue and one I wish to stand a side of, however I won't stand by while you critique others comments with little other than your own opinion. And remember tolerance also goes both ways. You must respect others points of view, this shows your tolerance. By writing this reply, you have showed your intolerance and further showed that those two degrees you have may need a little dusting off?

I in no way wish to engage you or anyone further about this matter. I simply hope it goes away! In addition "Welcome" live in peace and remember everyone is entitled to have an opinion good, bad or ugly.

Also, I can read and write spanish perfect and this is for you "GMAN"

Permitirle apenas saber, puedo leer y poder escribir español y discurso con mis trabajadores diarios. Tengo 7 Mexicanos ese trabajo para mí y para yo no tengo un hueso racista en mi cuerpo. ¡De hecho yo poseo aún una casa en el Monterrey! Espero que usted lea este y entienda 2 cosas. 1, muchos Americanos son muy sensibles a este asunto y quizás mejor debe ser dejado un solitario. 2. Yo no significo para bajarse en usted, pero soy un Americano de abidding de ley como yo estoy seguro que usted es. ¡Mi familia ha sido devistated por Mexicanos no-legal y por uno de mis miembros de la familia casi perdió su vida! Yo no tengo rencor y entiendo la naturaleza de la vida y de eso en la mayor parte o bastante para la parte más grande, Mexicanon y Mexicanas son todas personas buenas mirando apenas hacer algo de su vida.

TacMig
    Last edited by tacmig; 11-27-2007 at 02:22 PM.
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Be carefull who you call a racist! That term is used to much and resorted to too often, even to the point it has no meaning for many. Yes America is a melting pot and as to your remark " why do you generalize every hispano wants or intends to commit crime?" Any Hispano that is here without papers has commited a crime and continues to do so if they drive, don't pay taxes etc. Hence your quote "educate yourself" goes both ways my friend! This is a VERY VERY big issue and one I wish to stand a side of, however I won't stand by while you critique others comments with little other than your own opinion. And remember tolerance also goes both ways. You must respect others points of view, this shows your tolerance. By writing this reply, you have showed your intolerance and further showed that those two degrees you have may need a little dusting off?

I in no way wish to engage you or anyone further about this matter. I simply hope it goes away! In addition "Welcome" live in peace and remember everyone is entitled to have an opinion good, bad or ugly.

Also, I can read and write spanish perfect and this is for you "GMAN"

Permitirle apenas saber, puedo leer y poder escribir español y discurso con mis trabajadores diarios. Tengo 7 Mexicanos ese trabajo para mí y para yo no tengo un hueso racista en mi cuerpo. ¡De hecho yo poseo aún una casa en el Monterrey! Espero que usted lea este y entienda 2 cosas. 1, muchos Americanos son muy sensibles a este asunto y quizás mejor debe ser dejado un solitario. 2. Yo no significo para bajarse en usted, pero soy un Americano de abidding de ley como yo estoy seguro que usted es. ¡Mi familia ha sido devistated por Mexicanos no-legal y por uno de mis miembros de la familia casi perdió su vida! Yo no tengo rencor y entiendo la naturaleza de la vida y de eso en la mayor parte o bastante para la parte más grande, Mexicanon y Mexicanas son todas personas buenas mirando apenas hacer algo de su vida.

TacMig

Amen Brother,
    It does not matter if you are from Mexico,China,Russia,Europe or any other country. With a Doctorate under you arm or with no skill sets at all, you go thru the proper procedures for citizenship and simulate into the American Culture. A person makes a choice to enter legally or illegally end of story. This free for all border crossing B-S is a insult to every immigrant who like my grandfather sat on Ellis Island awaiting legal entry to this great country to live the American Dream.

TacMig, Im trying really hard to figure out what you wrote en Espanol...

Something about owning a home somewhere and family being hurt? I dunno. I dont speak or write spansh...

TV is gooder than books....
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

What???? We actually send stuff to Mexico? I thought it was the other way around. Before everyone jumps on my a$$ Im talking about products not people

Default Well....?

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    TacMig, Im trying really hard to figure out what you wrote en Espanol...

Something about owning a home somewhere and family being hurt? I dunno. I dont speak or write spansh...

TV is gooder than books....
    It was/is kind of a PM, but I just wanted to convey to our friend that no harm done and I understand the issue. To all, I live in SO. Cal and our Mexican population is huge and in fact in many cities Mexicans are the majority. As a result I have learned Spanish as a way of survival! This whole immigration debate is a much more complex issue than I wish to take on. As far as you made out, I do have a house in Monterey Mexico. The people are great and regardless of what you may have heard it's a beautiful Country. Some friends and I (before I bought my house there) took our Harley's for a 2 1/2 week excursion all through Mexico. I recommend this for all my welding brothers here as a great way to see how our neighbors to the South live and get rid of some welding stress!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Default Easy rider

Tacmig.
    Oh one day... oh one day... I would love to ride my bike from BC canada to Mexico. M,M,M!
    I ride a big dual purpose so a detour through the Baja would be in order, but one day I intend to do this trip.
    washington, oregon, california, nevada, new mexico, arizona texas and mexico

Id love to get farther south like say brazil or tierra del fuego, but again.. its gonna have to wait.

I think i'll have to get a passport before then.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Babelfish.com

To allow as soon as to know to him, I can read and be able to write Spanish and speech with my daily workers. I have 7 Mexican that work for me and for I do not have a racist bone in my body. In fact I still have a house in the Monterrey! I hope that you read this and understands 2 things. 1, many Americans are very sensible to this subject and perhaps better a solitaire must be left. 2. I do not mean to lower in you, but I am an American of abidding of law like I am sure that you are. My family has been devistated by Mexican not-legal and by one of my members of the family almost she was killed his! I do not have resentment and understand the nature of the life and of that in most or enough for the greatest part, Mexicanon and Mexican they are all good people watching as soon as to do something of its life.

Ok, tacmig if it came out like criticisim it sure was not, TRUE mi response was harsh and will choose my words carfully next time.

This thing about generalizing it something I have a hard time dealing with. Also true many mexican citizens are ilegally in the US, breaking the law in many ways. I do not justify ilegal immigration for no reason at all, I am all about following rules.

I do apologize to everyone for this uncofortable moment.
    A C T I O N ! ! !