Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default winch style bumper for 06 Ram

I like the looks of them but not the price, so I decided to build my own.

working out from the center

welded the gussets before I couldn't get to them any more and added a brace just so the ears would somewhat hold their shape during fitup

The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

boxing it in

getting there

mocking up the outsides

with metal instead of cardboard:beerbang:

drivers side done

as I was cutting pieces for the drivers side I cut some for the passenger side also, so the second side went very quickly. The passenger side is about 1/4" lower than the drivers side, so tomarrow I'll tweak that and cut the ends off and make caps for them.

This has been a fun build, when I'm finished with the front I plan to make a rear also. To finish the front I have to cut off ends and make caps, cut in some fog lights, add a "baja" bar, mount some KC's and add recovery points. Still debating on a coating for it, I am torn between powder coat and spray on bedliner, I am leaning toward the bedliner only because I want to do my nerf bars also and I think the bedliner would be more durable....but who knows?

Very nice build!
    I think you should really consider the bed liner material.

http://www2.line-x.com/nw/military.html
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

That is a nice bumper. How much do you think it weighs?
    Nick

cooooooool
    l

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    That is a nice bumper. How much do you think it weighs?
    Nick
    not sure, I'll try to rember to weight it when I remove it for final welding. I do know it's much heavier than the stock tin/plastic one!

pic update

very nice!!!!!!!!
    \\fshill\users$\d\Derek.Allen\Documents