Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice!!!
    Cant wait till you show us your back yard vineyard and winery.
    Just kidding. But.... I seriously envy people that are as organized as you.
    My head down, **** bent on productivity mind set, has always gotten in the way of my organizational skills.
    Cheers to your garage!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    Thanks, guys. It's not usually all cleaned up like you see in the photos, but I try and get it back to the starting point in between projects.

Gratuitous picture:

Now, if I could only find room for a welding table with clamp channels in it, like crawler.

Nice table ! Where can I get the X pattern that you used - I am thinking I can pester my buddy to cut me one of these tops as I think he has a laser at his work.

Thanks,
    Lewis

Jack Olsen, that is one fine looking table! I really like the arch in the lower support. Is that a solid piece that you bent by heating, or a bunch of smaller pieces welded to form the arch? I believe a table like that would be equally at home in the house or the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by fendermender View Post
    Nice!!!
    Cant wait till you show us your back yard vineyard and winery.
    Just kidding. But.... I seriously envy people that are as organized as you.
    My head down, **** bent on productivity mind set, has always gotten in the way of my organizational skills.
    Cheers to your garage!
    Thanks. It's funny, my home office for my day job is a mess, pretty much all the time. But my garage stays clean, in spite of the fact that I do a lot of work in it.

Quote Originally Posted by davinci2010 View Post
    Jack Olsen, that is one fine looking table! I really like the arch in the lower support. Is that a solid piece that you bent by heating, or a bunch of smaller pieces welded to form the arch? I believe a table like that would be equally at home in the house or the shop.
    Thanks. It's a piece of 2" square tubing with 16ga walls. The rest of the table is thicker steel, but I knew I'd need one piece to bend. I tried bending it with a cheap roll bender, but I didn't get very far because I only had round dies. So I made a series of cuts and then cleaned it up with some body filler.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I'm still trying to think of how I could cut X's in my fold-down welding bench.

Quote Originally Posted by mkehler View Post
    Gave someone my design and they drew it out and laser cut the top out of 3/8", its 30" x 60". The x pattern spec was from a member here, and I bought the Miller Xclamp to use. There is a bunch of 9/16 holes as well, can't see all of them due to the crappy cell phone pic. Height is around 34". Made a tray for random junk, stainles tubing on the sides for hanging things, and adjustable feet due to my unlevel shop. Add a $3.99 can of canadian tire rust paint (okay, it was a can and a half) and done like dinner. Came out pretty good I think. Can't wait to use the TIG on this as opposed to my wooden folding table with a piece of warped 1/4" plate resting on top.

Matt
    Matt, great looking table. I want to make one also. What are the 9/16" holes for?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    Gratuitous picture:
    That car is blocking my view. Gimme the keys so I can move it out of the way.