Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default finished my table

Gave someone my design and they drew it out and laser cut the top out of 3/8", its 30" x 60". The x pattern spec was from a member here, and I bought the Miller Xclamp to use. There is a bunch of 9/16 holes as well, can't see all of them due to the crappy cell phone pic. Height is around 34". Made a tray for random junk, stainles tubing on the sides for hanging things, and adjustable feet due to my unlevel shop. Add a $3.99 can of canadian tire rust paint (okay, it was a can and a half) and done like dinner. Came out pretty good I think. Can't wait to use the TIG on this as opposed to my wooden folding table with a piece of warped 1/4" plate resting on top.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice table. I'm assuming the hole cut at the end of each slot means you can lift the clamp out and move it?

Yep you bet, the clamp just goes in the hole and then you slide er up and down. and I just realized those vice grips on the right look like they are on the ground, they are actually on the right 'tray' that is expanded metal grate or whatever its called.

Nice table. How much did it cost to get the top cut if you don't mind me asking? I realize that it'll probably be twice as much here in SoCal (unless you're in SoCal too), but I was just curious, because that's a really nice feature. I was thinking of doing slots as well.
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

Nice looking table, almost might make a guy not want to use it.

Great work.

Tom

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Great looking table!!! I like the slots for clamping too great idea!

Jack I just spent about an hour looking at your garage that's cool dude!!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mkehler View Post
    Gave someone my design and they drew it out and laser cut the top out of 3/8", its 30" x 60". The x pattern spec was from a member here, and I bought the Miller Xclamp to use. There is a bunch of 9/16 holes as well, can't see all of them due to the crappy cell phone pic. Height is around 34". Made a tray for random junk, stainles tubing on the sides for hanging things, and adjustable feet due to my unlevel shop. Add a $3.99 can of canadian tire rust paint (okay, it was a can and a half) and done like dinner. Came out pretty good I think. Can't wait to use the TIG on this as opposed to my wooden folding table with a piece of warped 1/4" plate resting on top.

Matt
    Matt, great looking table. I want to make one also. What are the 9/16" holes for?
    John