Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Holy cow, Burnt Hands, how do you have all that metalworking equipment and only a car for getting materials??? I like the clubhead sculpture, but couldn't you have gotten some clearcoat or gotten it sprayed at a paintshop for cheaper than buying stainless clubs? Still pretty cool.

How much does your Wilderness Systems weigh? I've got a Tarpon 120 that weighs about 50 lbs. I just have to muscle that thing around. I like the truck bed rack another guy made one here. A whole lot cheaper than the 500 bucks worth of Yakima I've got on my truck.
    MillerMatic 252
    Spoolmate 200
    Diversion 165
    Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Dayton 6" Miter Band Saw
    Delta Drill Press
    Bosch 10" Table Saw
    Bosch 12" Double Bevel Miter Saw
    Jet 5 Ton Chain Hoist
    Radnor O/A

and this heavy duty table I made

Divine Wind & NoogaD,

This company who sells canoe and kayak trailers.

http://www.oakorchardcanoe.com/trailex.php

Might give you some ideas.

I have a factory roof rack and I added a Yakima kayak rack with rollers on the rear to hold mine. I put a piece of carpet on my trunk and slide the kayak up until I can get it on the rollers.

As far as carrying and moving heavy stuff, I depend on friends with pickups or I rent a truck.

I can move my 330 cu ft argon tank in my car by folding down the back seat.
    Do this about once a month.

If I had a pickup, I would probably never make it to work on trash day as my friends call me "Sanford"
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !