Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trailer project

Default Trailer project

Finally, i will post some pics of my latest project (in between my car of course)
    I picked up this trailer for free out of an alley way! It was sat there with no wheels, a rotten deck and faded paint.
    So i set to on it and stripped it down, repainted it, rewired it, put new wheels on it and reinforced it by welding all the joints up, since it was just bolted together. With new lights and a new deck after that, it's now in this shape. It provided some experience since i had never done much wiring or that kinda thing before. Sorry i don't have "before pics." Had to take these with my bro's camera and forgot to take em before.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job! Since this is a restoration, I'm guessing you have no plans? Did you construct the wheel covers yourself or did it come with it? I need to fabricate some for my trailer projects and am looking for ideas.

These are my two trailer projects. Obviously in the beginning stages.

This one will become a kayak trailer which I'll build first:

Not sure what to do with this one. It's pretty heavy steel and old. I'll probably make a utility trailer out of it.

Cool

The mud guards (Wheel covers) were on the trailer when i got it. Not sure if you are in Candad or U.S. but there are stores which sell them all over the place. A small bit of fabrication needed maybe.

I sold the trailer on Friday to a guy who wanted to tow an ATV.

Good Luck with your trailers.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 70

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 145