Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Retirement Plans & Projects.....

Hey guys,
    Earlier I posted on the Discussion Forum that I have retired as our company has folded due to the economy. That doesn't mean I have retired from welding..... quite the contrary. Being laid-off for a year & a half was kind of a blessing in disguise as my home shop has been busy with repairs & fabbing new crafts. At 66, I don't have the wind, pi$$, & vinegar that I had 30 yrs ago, but I have been able to keep up with the demand for services.

My brother builds race engines for the local drag racers & got me a season pass to take my mobile unit there to do any "fixin" that may need done. I found quite a market for accessories that most of the race guys send away for. I made a list to start estimating material/labor costs to start making some of the items that are good sellers. I started these because of requests & some cost-savings & looks like they're going to do well as well as my profit margin. The first (2) pics are an easy-build aluminum wheel chock & the 3rd pic are the engine lift plates I made with heavier material than those selling in the catalogs. I'll start posting other projects as I make them if there is a demand.

Denny
    Attached Images Attached Images