Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default metal surgery completed

This was a long operation. As an employee send by my employer to customers, most time I have to go by what the customer wants, which the majority of the times, he knows what he want and knows the amount of money he wants to spend.
    This customer knew what he wanted and as a load of machinery the he fixed himself, himself welded all kinds of machinery cracked and twisted all kinds of way for a long time and he's experience shows. He's off the tool now and run this logging and log haulling operation which is very successfull, good guy anyway.
    I had a good talk with him and learn a few thing about heavy duty fixes. Tricks in ways of doings thing that works.
    Anyways he's very happy with the job.
    Let me know what you think. If you guys have anything you think I should've done let me know. I actually like criticism because it makes me a better welder in the end anyways.
    I would of like to take the cylinder anchor plate of and cut the top plate back 6 inches or so and put the anchor back on top of the joint, but that's the way it is right now.
    Here it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel; 04-17-2010 at 12:21 AM.

I'm not really done on these pics I have put a few more passes on the tip of the top cylinder anchor plate and about three feet of weld on the top fishplate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hope you guys enjoy the pics. I dont think I'm the best out there in welding and speed but I always try my best to make my boss happy and the customer happy. And sometimes it's not easy

I'm just bouncing ideas right now but if it looks like it wnts to crack between the anchor plate and the fish plate, a guy could put a couple ribs from the anchor crossing over to the fishplate similar to the cylinder ears. That would be pretty ***y actually

Default Looks Good

Nice work on the repair
    Chad
    -----------
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitcase 12 RC
    S22P-12 Feeder
    HF-251-2
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Maxstar 200 DX
    Shopmaster 300
    S-22A Feeder