Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default The Legend AEAD 200 LE......parts

I been tryin to revive an oldie but wonderful welder. the legend 200.... i cant find the throttle parts. i see pictures in the manuals, but no actual part numbers. i went to an onan dealer and they giggled a little. back to the LWS and still to no avail to find the parts needed... an idea or advice please?
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Quote Originally Posted by welder_one View Post
    I been tryin to revive an oldie but wonderful welder. the legend 200.... i cant find the throttle parts. i see pictures in the manuals, but no actual part numbers. i went to an onan dealer and they giggled a little. back to the LWS and still to no avail to find the parts needed... an idea or advice please?
    Member OnanParts is the guy you want to talk to.

http://www.onanparts.com/

TJ's a real good guy & has just about any part &/or information for any Onan engine you may have.

Good luck.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Extremely unlikely your going to find any new parts for your machine, perhaps once in a while on fleabay.

Best to look at the parts breakdown and build your own matching part from jobber materials.

Oh, Larry Burross prolly has what you want too.

He's got more machines on his property than you can believe. If you can't make it, he'll most likely have it.

weldersales is his member ID here & on welding web.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

What 7A749 said. TJ (onanparts.com) is the man to contact for Onan parts. He can fix you up with an engine service and parts manual and most likely just about any Onan part(s) you may need - new or used.
    Last edited by duaneb55; 04-14-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

thanks guys, i ended up going to an electric motor repair place and he had an old onan 18 on his yard, i took pics and measurements, went to the hardware store and bought the stuff to make the linkage. cost me 1.23 to make the stuff... thanks again, and she runs now, great running machine actually
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com