Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Walnut and Metal table.

I have had a slab of Walnut for a few years 2 1/2 in thick and after squaring it up it turned out 25 in long by 12 in wide. On it's own not worth much, so last week I had an idea of making a metal frame and making a small table out of it.
    I quite like it, so I thought some of you might get some ideas out of it. I have been a serious woodworker for many years and it is nice to be able to combine the two. I am currently making another one, larger and the joint's on this one are being done with silicone bronze, this will give a nice contrast when clear coated because the top for table is a 32 in by 12 in 2 in lump of rock maple.
    Attached Images Attached Images

im a big fan of black walnut. thats a really nice table that id hate to put anything on!

that's really sweet man. I always wanted to do some nice wood and incorporate that with some polished or brushed stainless tubing.

Thumbs up

Very Good looking table!
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Great job. Send us more pics of the next one.

Dynasty 350 - My New Baby
    Millermatic 210 Mig with Spoolmate 3035
    Miller Thunderbolt XL 225/150 AC/DC Stick Welder
    Miller Specturm 625 Plasma Cutter
    Speedglas 9100 auto dark helmet
    Jackson auto dark helmet
    18.5 CFM Eagle Compressor
    Oxy/Act
    Horizontal Band Saw
    Dewalt 14" Chop Saw
    7 1/2 Dewalt Angle Grinder
    4 - 4 1/2" Sears Angle Grinders
    1 - 4" Makita Angle Grinder
    2 - IR Die Grinders
    All of which my wife says will be a "he$$ of a garage sale"

Very cool.

Another cool way to join woodwork and metalwork is to
    find discarded wood furniture and combine the good
    parts of it with metal work. I made a desk for my stepson
    that way -- we found a discarded dining room table, the
    legs were no good, but the top was decent. I built a metal
    base on which we put the top (after sanding/refinishing/etc)

Frank