Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I make sure the tank is empty by using a nail pushed on the ball bearing at the top and use my nose and ears. Then drill a small hole, slowly, in the side. When cutting, use a chop saw or angle grinder.
    I have never had a problem and have done this a good half a dozen times.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeljp86 View Post
    Thats only fun if they are full and you use tracer rounds.

I seen a youtube video of a old camper trailer and they took acetylene and filled garbage bags like ballons then stuffed the camper with the bags. Then they got ontop of the hill and shot a tracer into it. I guess thats a good way to do it if you just want the trailer frame for a project.
    Micheal you should try to find the link and post it here. I shouldn't say this but, a guy I know , filled just the finger of a latex glove of the right mixed of oxy/ace and he put it under the table of the line cutter when our steel cutter was just getting ready to strip a plate in half. Let me tell you it is load. Almost give the kid a heart attack

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Micheal you should try to find the link and post it here. I shouldn't say this but, a guy I know , filled just the finger of a latex glove of the right mixed of oxy/ace and he put it under the table of the line cutter when our steel cutter was just getting ready to strip a plate in half. Let me tell you it is load. Almost give the kid a heart attack
    I built a electrolysis unit that splits water molecules. I was trying to build a engine fueled by water. I filled a balloon with the oxygen and hydrogen gas made by the splitting water. It floats better then helium because hydrogen is 10x lighter then helium. I dipped a long string in kerosene and lit the end and let it float away. I cant explain the sound but it probably sounded like a star collapsing into a black hole. It took about a week to get my hearing back.

Thanks out there for all the suggestions and warnings.

I remember a plumber toldy me he had used a heavy steel 4" pipe about three feet long that he had drilled a hole in for a small diameter punch. Both ends were open and any explosion would go out either end.

I read one time where a fellow had caused self induced damage by inserting his acetyline torch in a mole hole to finally get those #@$*(&&^^ little (%^$#. Anyone who ever had moles knows the feeling.

Well, he really lit himself up, I have heard.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by modela View Post
    Thanks out there for all the suggestions and warnings.

I remember a plumber toldy me he had used a heavy steel 4" pipe about three feet long that he had drilled a hole in for a small diameter punch. Both ends were open and any explosion would go out either end.

I read one time where a fellow had caused self induced damage by inserting his acetyline torch in a mole hole to finally get those #@$*(&&^^ little (%^$#. Anyone who ever had moles knows the feeling.

Well, he really lit himself up, I have heard.

Thanks again.
    One day I heard a massive explosion, I drove the golfcart through the grapes to the house up on the hill. That guy has a bad mole problem. Nobody was around but there was a 20lb propane tank sitting next to the mole holes. It must have rattled his head.