Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Warner-Swassey excavator, what they used to build this country before Cat, Case, JD, Hyundai, etc. excavators became common and popular.
    Nice machine. Those are massive booms. Does this brings back memories.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JSFAB fixed booms for Mr. Slate
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Nice machine.
    Not if you had to fix them,,,,, or operate one. Only at the end, mid 70's or so, did they use swiggle sticks, before that, 8 sticks, 4 foot pedals.

Fixing them, all I can say, these were built with real iron. None of this wimpy "engineered boom" stuff. And a real engine, two-stroke Detroit Diesel.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

I wouldn't like to have to repack one of those cylinders

Oh, big cylinders, high flow, low pressure hydraulics, but same or better tonnage. Old style stacked leather or rubber seals. Repacking those cylinders, is why my skin is so silky smooth today, no lines or wrinkles. Ask Ed.

Oh, yeah, back in the day, didn't worry about dumping oil on the ground, either. Just dug a hole, covered it up afterwards, built a house on top of it. Good termite prevention
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Default Mr slate and fred flintstone

Ha ha ha ha ha!

He fixed eq. For mr slate..........you're killin me!!!!!!

When the whistle blew he slid down the dinosaurs back!!!!!!

Did he order one of those giant pork chops from the local drive-in???

I needed a good laugh! That's classic!
    1 BEST 6 Y/O HELPER IN THE WORLD
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    LOTS OF HAMMERS MISC SIZES
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS
    HOME MADE GANTRY CRANE
    SOME GOOD COMMON SENSE (I THINK)
    TRACTOR WITH NEW HEAVY DUTY LIFT POLE -- FIND MY THREAD
    6 GOATS, 1 DOG, 1 DONKEY...
    ON AND ON AND ON...

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    JSFAB fixed booms for Mr. Slate
    Ok, Ed. Very funny. I had no idea who Mr. Slate was, remember, I don't watch TV, never have. Asked my wife (who by the way, is far more cool than I am), very much a "with it" gal, she clued me in. I've been out of it for years, of course

Did the Mrs. laugh?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Ed, more like she was embarrassed. Couldn't believe that a guy as dumb as I, could snooker a girl as smart as she is, into marrying.

Like I told her, sometimes you get the frog, sometimes you get the prince. Guess she got the frog