Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am looking at purchasing the Spoolmate 100 for my Millermatic 175. I do not see any reason to purchase the Retro Fit kit as the Spoolmate 100 comes with the switch and I can build my own connections from the switch. The only connection that I am having a problem with is the 2 pins that need to be added to the trigger plug. Does anyone know if and where these pins can be purchased?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Default Trouble with Spoolmate 100

Just finished installing the Spoolmate 100 on a MM 175 with the retrofit 300409 switch and all I get is the red temp light going off whenever I switch it to the gun... everything works fine when regular gun is used... anyone have this problem before?

Default question

just wanted to make sure. I have a millermatic 175. Get the retrofit kit and the spoolmate 100 and I am in business. Thanks for the reply.

Brent

We do not recommend attempting to operate the Spoolmate 100 on any units other than the Millermatic 140's, 180's, 211 and Passport Plus. Installing it on any other units could result in damage to the unit and/or the Spoolmate 100 spoolgun.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

I suppose that warning applies to the use of ANY spoolgun, right? I've been using a Trafimet gun and control box to spray aluminum with my MM175 with no problem so far (other than the occasional birdnests, which are hard to clear with this gun).

I am not very familiar with the gun you have there but if it has it's own motor control circuitry in the control box you should be fine. The potential for damage comes into play when someone tries to utilize the motor control circuit inside the unit for something it is not designed for.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.